Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
For fun- what did you splurge on for YT?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

mommyla

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:38 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
I will splurge on nice paper goods for pesach so I have less dishes to wash! Smile

And I splurged on Pesach dishes a few years ago and it makes me so happy to take them out every year!
(Plus cleaning help to wash said dishes…)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:41 am
Wow thanks all for keeping this thread positive. Enjoying all your comments.

justforfun87

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:09 am
I usually scoff at these threads and understand they can create a tinge of jealousy. I did just splurge on booking an interior/exterior detailing of my car. It is so not my type to do this and I have no clue what got into me. In fact, I hope my husband doesn't notice cause I will never hear the end of it. Now, I just need to make sure the kids don't eat in car for like 6 weeks!

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:14 am
mommyla wrote:
And I splurged on Pesach dishes a few years ago and it makes me so happy to take them out every year!
(Plus cleaning help to wash said dishes…)

Yes, I bought mine last for last pessach and I‘m so excited to set the table.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:04 am
spikta wrote:
I'm 5'4 and 200 lb so probably similar overall effect. Dresses are obviously really hard. What I've done several times is gotten a top and a pencil skirt in a matching color, then worn together with a wide belt so you can't see the tuck. Everyone thinks it's a dress. You can get stretchy belts in different styles on Amazon and pencil skirts in a variety of colors in various places online, you just need to find what tops work for you.
I always tuck and belt shabbos clothes. It gives you shape and makes you look so much more put together. And if you wear a colorful or interesting belt it totally makes the outfit - a fun belt can totally elevate a boring skirt and top.

Could you link to some of the belts you have? Thanks so much!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:20 am
amother NeonPurple wrote:
I don’t like fakes, I’m scared of what they put in. And maybe I’m a victim of good marketing by luxury companies lol

Le Labo makes amazing scents. They are kind of unisx, not specifically feminine which I love. They smell very expensive. I’ve tried many perfumes and their scents are my favorites. I originally got one as a sample from Nordstrom and I was hooked. But they are expensive!! $90 for a tiny .5 bottle.

So we’ll see if I end up splurging Smile

I’m with you on le labo-which one are you eyeing? I have another 15, got it for myself for my bday:)) worth every penny!
It smells amazing and love that it isn’t fruity. The bottle lasts..idk how often u wear but I got almost a year out of it.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:24 am
I like this thread! its so fun Smile

I redyed my shaitel and had the lace redone.. so it feels and looks like a brand new wig!!

I NEVER buy new clothes before yt and this year I got a few non expensive pieces (under $100)

my kids are still little and so I shop very cheaply for them but I did splurge on little legs shabbos outfits (yes for me thats a splurge bc it adds up to close to $100 per kid!!)

and I may splurge on a hair bow for them that matches all the outfits.. we'll see

Lots of splurging this year (I feel like for me its like once I let loose I let LOOSE) good thing dH keeps me in check.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:25 am
A lot of cleaning help for pesach (we don't have cleaning help during the year, but my mental and physical health really suffer during pesach cleaning and/or my dh has to use up his vacation days from work to clean). So I decided to splurge on 2 cleaners for 4 days.

I also ordered a ton of allergy friendly baked goods from a nice bakery. We rarely get bakery food during the year, I make good cakes, but I love bakery cakes etc and it is hard to find ones that meet our allergy requirements, and it saves me time and effort (not) baking.

These are really worth the splurge for me!

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 7:42 pm
I just spent $400 on Mishloach manos. Thats before adding in checks.
That equals about $4 for regular & kids ones and about $15 for the 'fancy' ones.
I'm thinking I may 'splurge' on a costume at Party City!

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 8:11 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
I’m with you on le labo-which one are you eyeing? I have another 15, got it for myself for my bday:)) worth every penny!
It smells amazing and love that it isn’t fruity. The bottle lasts..idk how often u wear but I got almost a year out of it.

First time I bought it, I wore it only on Shabbos so I still have it over a year later. I have baei 19 but am thinking of Santal 33 or maybe another 13

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 8:32 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
I agree with you. $400 is too random an amount for a piece of jewelry. Way too much for costume, even nice costume, but not much can be bought with $400 in “real”, and if someone is buying real for that amount if want to know where too, so I can get in on the great deal.
Your question was legit.
I haven’t gotten a real piece of jewelry in 15 years since the prices are so much more expensive than $400 for for anything “real”.

Okay thank you lol. Look into lab grown diamonds. I have gotten them for a few things so I can afford what I wanted without spending thousands.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 8:36 pm
To clarify the bracelet debate lol I had in mind something like this https://jenkonline.com/collect.....celet
But with a single chain

Jenk has such good prices. Have you ever bought from there?

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 8:43 pm
yachnabobba wrote:
I have a teenaged daughter who is built like a tree trunk. I spend a lot of time and more money than I do on anything else to make her look and feel beautiful. She has a magnificent Pesach wardrobe and I consider it money well spent

I wanted to reply. I feel like the last response was a bit harsh but I wanted to say something. I think it's wonderful the time, energy and thought you have put into your daughter. You sound like an amazing mother! However, I would try to refrain from describing her as a tree trunk, burly, etc. It still sends the message that somehow only skinny is beautiful and worthy. I know you meant no harm, but saying that and that she lost the genetics roulette is really strong and hurtful language. Just something to keep in mind. As someone who was told time and time again that I was wide.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:04 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
Jenk has such good prices. Have you ever bought from there?

No
I would probably buy it from mollys because I live right near a Molly’s

Op I just ordered a dress. Cotton so that I can iyH enjoy pesach in hot weather with my in laws.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 1:30 am
No
I would probably buy it from mollys because I live right near a Molly’s

Op I just ordered a dress. Cotton so that I can iyH enjoy pesach in hot weather with my in laws.

Nice! Enjoy it!! And maybe link it ltoeles harabim… Wink

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 4:29 am
I'm going to splurge on the new Miriam pascal cookbook and a cleaner for the day I turnover my kitchen iyh

elaela

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 4:34 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
I really want to splurge on myself but I feel too fat and hopeless.
If anyone has any ideas for a dress that might work for a 5 foot 165 pound upper 30s year old. Let me know. Oh and I have too much anxiety to go shopping in person because my body.

Im in the same boat. No advice except bhying fabric and asking somebidy ti sow what u like/ flatters u. U deserve to feel good

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:45 am
Update for me.

I decided it’s really about time to replace my 6 year old weekday wig (and stop pouring money into dyeing it and cutting it when there’s no hair left)… and that I can’t go out like that every day looking at everyone’s glossy lace tops with my outdated ratty wig.

Didn’t know how I’ll pay for it but I knew I had to have it.

Then this week my DH got an unexpected bonus which he graciously gifted part to me (with a little persuasion..) for our upcoming anniversary.

So I’m going wig shopping! Thank you, Hashem.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 10:01 am
amother OP wrote:
Update for me.

I decided it’s really about time to replace my 6 year old weekday wig (and stop pouring money into dyeing it and cutting it when there’s no hair left)… and that I can’t go out like that every day looking at everyone’s glossy lace tops with my outdated ratty wig.

Didn’t know how I’ll pay for it but I knew I had to have it.

Then this week my DH got an unexpected bonus which he graciously gifted part to me (with a little persuasion..) for our upcoming anniversary.

So I’m going wig shopping! Thank you, Hashem.
so happy for you! I’m davening to Hashem to send me money for a wig as well. I hope Hashem says yes to me too!

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 10:05 am
Having a newborn. Can't decide if I should get a cleaning crew or a handyman to do all the little projects that my husband never gets to.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics