Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
In search of the perfect chicken cutlet recipe
1  2  3  Next

kenz

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:12 pm
Hi! I would like to make a large quantity of white meat chicken cutlets for Purim. I don’t want to bread and/or fry. I want something that won’t be dried out and bonus points for being able to make it in advance, like on Thursday, or even just prepped and then baked on Sunday.
All suggestions welcome.
Thank you!!

Cheiny

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:18 pm
kenz wrote:
Hi! I would like to make a large quantity of white meat chicken cutlets for Purim. I don’t want to bread and/or fry. I want something that won’t be dried out and bonus points for being able to make it in advance, like on Thursday, or even just prepped and then baked on Sunday.
All suggestions welcome.
Thank you!!

You don’t want to make it in advance, chicken never tastes as good when reheated.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:19 pm
kenz wrote:
All suggestions welcome.
Thank you!!

Following. I have yet to find a recipe for cutlets that fits all these criterion and can be made in advance 😉

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:22 pm
Marinate in a sauce of some sort and then grill on purim.

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:22 pm
Boneless chicken breast with the skin on to keep it moist. Rub with oil and season very very well. Some water added to bottom of pan. Bake uncovered with thermometer kept in thickest part until it reaches 160 F. Then remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes (temp will raise to 165 naturally).
Can be seasoned before shabbos. Refrigerated and made fresh.
Or reheat gently.

kenz

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:25 pm
Cheiny wrote:
You don’t want to make it in advance, chicken never tastes as good when reheated.

That’s why I said bonus points. 😉

kenz

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:25 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Following. I have yet to find a recipe for cutlets that fits all these criterion and can be made in advance 😉

A girl can dream. 😴

kenz

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:26 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Marinate in a sauce of some sort and then grill on purim.

Thanks, I will do that if I don’t get any easier suggestions. I just don’t love standing over a grill pan and I want to make a lot.

kenz

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:27 pm
amother Jean wrote:
Boneless chicken breast with the skin on to keep it moist. Seasoned very very well. Some water added to bottom of pan. Bake uncovered with thermometer kept in thickest part until it reaches 160 F. Then remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes (temp will raise to 165 naturally).
Can be seasoned before shabbos. Refrigerated and made fresh.
Or reheat gently.

Thank you! I already have skinless, have you tried it that way?

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:31 pm
kenz wrote:
Thank you! I already have skinless, have you tried it that way?

It will be a drop dry.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:35 pm
Chinese chicken, chicken lo mein. Delicious, juicy and can be rewarmed easily.

mommy100

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:35 pm
Dinner done cook book has a great recipe for marinated grilled cutlets I always bake them so they come out great as well

ttbtbm

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:42 pm
Cut cutlets into strips and toss in spiced flour. Put any vegetables you like on the bottom of a cookie sheet. Sliced red peppers, sliced onions, string beans, mushrooms, broccol…. Place chicken strips on top. Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar (more if you like it sweeter), 1/2cup soy sauce and 2/3 cup oil and pour on top of chicken. Cover and bake at 400 for 1/2 an hour. You can flour the chicken in advance (even freeze it!), prep the vegetables a day or two before and just put it together and bake the day of.

latte

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:42 pm
Dredge in flour, put on baking sheet, top with sauce. Do this in advance and bake on Purim. Sauce I use is sauteed onions peppers mushrooms with apricot jam.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:54 pm
What about a sweet and sour sauce? The sauce will keep it from drying out.

kenz

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:55 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Chinese chicken, chicken lo mein. Delicious, juicy and can be rewarmed easily.

Thanks- do you have a “go to” recipe?

kenz

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:57 pm
mommy100 wrote:
Dinner done cook book has a great recipe for marinated grilled cutlets I always bake them so they come out great as well

I will check it out. Does it have baking directions too, or you just wing it? (cringe, I know!😆)

kenz

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:58 pm
ttbtbm wrote:
Cut cutlets into strips and toss in spiced flour. Put any vegetables you like on the bottom of a cookie sheet. Sliced red peppers, sliced onions, string beans, mushrooms, broccol…. Place chicken strips on top. Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar (more if you like it sweeter), 1/2cup soy sauce and 2/3 cup oil and pour on top of chicken. Cover and bake at 400 for 1/2 an hour. You can flour the chicken in advance (even freeze it!), prep the vegetables a day or two before and just put it together and bake the day of.

Thank you! Sounds yummy! I think I will try this tomorrow for dinner as a test run.

kenz

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 2:59 pm
latte wrote:
Dredge in flour, put on baking sheet, top with sauce. Do this in advance and bake on Purim. Sauce I use is sauteed onions peppers mushrooms with apricot jam.

Thank you! It’s actually quite similar to the previous recipe.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:00 pm
latte wrote:

You can use duck sauce instead of the homemade sauce
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics