Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
DROOL-worthy stroller that's easy to push and fold
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 1:11 am
Chasdei HaShem expecting my second after an endless 9 year wait. I already decided years ago that when the day comes I deserve to spoil myself silly!!

I told husband, this year please don't get me jewelry for yom tov, instead I want a sky-is-the-limit, magical stroller. He said ok, up to around $2k (but not much higher cuz I also want to get ALL the pretty nursery furniture and precious clothes, he's in suuuuuuch trouble lol).

I've been dreaming and dreaming, seeing all the gorgeous carriages that pass my ways for almost a decade. but I never allowed myself to look to into the whole matzav. (Last time around there was no money, so got a clunky, functional click-and-go Graco that was so so heavy to handle, and HATED it within weeks)

My must haves:
-An absolutely GORGEOUS color + leather handlebar (I'm thinking either a plum or a sage with cognac leather, it's a girl! - maybe there's a way to get custom??)
-Lightweight, super easy to steer and bump up and down curbs etc
-1-handed fold

I haven't the vaguest idea of anything stroller. I do know we gifted my sister-in-law an uppababy something a couple years ago, which (in my opinion) is a NIGHTMARE, SO SO heavy Sad (she loved it so I'm happy for her but it's not for me, I don't even think it's thaaaat pretty)

And I tried a bugaboo in babys R us and it was so amazing to steer, but it looks like they don't have such cute colors.

I'm obsessed with the stokke aesthetic but I remember my sister-in-law said hers was really heavy.

Ellie7

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 1:50 am
I don’t think you’re going to find a stroller that has everything for any price.

For example:
Light, one-handed fold: City Mini
Customizable colors: Bugaboo or Uppababy

You didn’t mention the car or a car seat attachment or a bassinet but if those are factors that opens up even more variability.

ray family

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 2:24 am
You’re not going to find a stroller that has everything.
The nicer customizable, easier to push strollers are all heavier. Many are also two handed closure (esp if they have a bassinet)
Start looking at strollers and see what catches your eye.
Or go into a local baby store and see what they have.

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 2:33 am
So like others said there’s no one stroller that’s everything but my recs are:
1. Cybex mios
2. Nuna triv

Both are super light easy fold carriages but have full functionality like decent wheels .
With both you can buy the bassinet attachment - meaning you can either pop on the bassinet or the carriage piece
You can also snap on the car seat as well. We got the nuna with the nuna light car seat.
Cybex is prettier but nuna has some better features

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:27 am
It's not around long enough to really know, but the bugaboo dragonfly may fit all the requirements:
- easy one handed fold, compact, light
- easy push
- color options

The only downside is that it is not all terrain, like the Fox, bt if you are not in Israel bumping up and down steps all day it doesn't make a difference

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:33 am
Silver cross have some nicer strollers, some of their special editions are really nice. Or Joolz also, and babystyle egg has a very stylish look. The other one to look at is mima xari which also is stylish looking.

bnm

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:59 am
Stokke has a horrible push.

Try Nuna or Bugaboo.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:09 am
Mima xari. In tan, white or silver.
Gorgeous! Extremely easy on the road.

giftedmom

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:11 am
1 handed fold is only on travel strollers. Which means less color choices and usually less of a recline.
I love my bugaboo butterfly

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:24 am
amother Camellia wrote:
Mima xari. In tan, white or silver.
Gorgeous! Extremely easy on the road.

Anyone I know who had the mima xari hated it. It’s very cool looking but they said it was a terrible stroller. I get tons of compliments on my cybex priam, plus not everyone has it, which is why I chose it over the bugaboo. That being said, I bought it a few years ago and haven’t been in the market for a stroller since, so I don’t know what’s new out there. But I totally get you OP! I waited even longer than 9 years, and wanted the nicest everything too ☺️
Bshaa tova!!

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:41 am
amother OP wrote:
Chasdei HaShem expecting my second after an endless 9 year wait. I already decided years ago that when the day comes I deserve to spoil myself silly!!

I told husband, this year please don't get me jewelry for yom tov, instead I want a sky-is-the-limit, magical stroller. He said ok, up to around $2k (but not much higher cuz I also want to get ALL the pretty nursery furniture and precious clothes, he's in suuuuuuch trouble lol).

I've been dreaming and dreaming, seeing all the gorgeous carriages that pass my ways for almost a decade. but I never allowed myself to look to into the whole matzav. (Last time around there was no money, so got a clunky, functional click-and-go Graco that was so so heavy to handle, and HATED it within weeks)

My must haves:
-An absolutely GORGEOUS color + leather handlebar (I'm thinking either a plum or a sage with cognac leather, it's a girl! - maybe there's a way to get custom??)
-Lightweight, super easy to steer and bump up and down curbs etc
-1-handed fold

I haven't the vaguest idea of anything stroller. I do know we gifted my sister-in-law an uppababy something a couple years ago, which (in my opinion) is a NIGHTMARE, SO SO heavy Sad (she loved it so I'm happy for her but it's not for me, I don't even think it's thaaaat pretty)

And I tried a bugaboo in babys R us and it was so amazing to steer, but it looks like they don't have such cute colors.

I'm obsessed with the stokke aesthetic but I remember my sister-in-law said hers was really heavy.

I’ve heard of people making custom bugaboo canopies.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:57 pm
Thank you so much everyone, I will look into all of these.

I didn't know that about the one-handed fold.

I didn't even think about the car seat option, I'm so silly!

this purchase is way more complicated than I realized!!

At what price point do you start getting 'everything' in a stroller, or does it just literally not exist?

honey36

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:12 pm
amother OP wrote:

At what price point do you start getting 'everything' in a stroller, or does it just literally not exist?

So it looks like your really worried about the weight factor

So yeah, the stroller you are looking for probably doesn't exist since all the "Rolls Royce" type strollers are likely to be very heavy. That's what makes them so sturdy, push nicely etc. vs the light, flimsy strollers with small wheels.

English3

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:13 pm
Bugabbo dragonfly is a one handed fold and the bassinet folds as well.
It attaches to a car seat as well.
Dragon fly is around 1000 all together.
You can also get a doona.

Most people have two buggies minimum.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:17 pm
I think the fox 5 is also one handed fold and folds with the bassinet on which is a very big bonus

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:19 pm
amother OP wrote:

B’shah tova!! How exciting!! May Hashem bless you with a smooth pregnancy and delivery and healthy baby!

I’m not a stroller expert but I think at any price point you won’t find all those features you want. Light weight, one handed folds won’t be stylish and customizable but also don’t push as well as the expensive, bulky, stylish strollers. Perhaps consider a stylish one for let’s say taking walks and a light weight/ one handed fold as a travel stroller?

lamplighter

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:19 pm
There isn't a price point where you get it all. You need two strollers.
Bugaboo is a option that is customizable and pushes the best on the market.
A one handed fold car stroller that is light but is not customizable and doesn't push amazing.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:21 pm
City mini baby jogger folds and pushes like a dream and is so much more affordable than all those brands. You can get a Graco car seat and use adapters.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:51 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
City mini baby jogger folds and pushes like a dream and is so much more affordable than all those brands. You can get a Graco car seat and use adapters.

I agree with you in principle, but I also get op wanting that 'eye candy' stroller. Dealing with sif at the moment and I can totally understand op wanting to splurge on that perfect stroller.
I also agree with the other posters that the stylish and gorgeous color strollers are often not as lightweight or one handed fold. Almost all strollers are compatible with several car seats, and you can often get a bundle deal.
Realistically there is unlikely to be the one stroller that meets all your criteria, so if you put your list in order of priority, and it's fine if top of the list is the perfect fabric color that you've been dreaming of, then filter the strollers you've been looking at by that.
A lot of strollers also have special edition versions which may have a nicer fabric color, along with leather handlebar etc, even if the regular version doesn't.

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:05 pm
Bugaboos are the best strollers. They currently have a beautiful mauve hood option. You can dress it up with a pretty or designer stroller bag.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics