Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
DROOL-worthy stroller that's easy to push and fold
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:10 pm
No, you really can't have everything in a stroller. Even an expensive one. Strollers don't really work like that. If it has an amazing push, it's likely not extremely lightweight. And then fold is another story. Umbrella strollers and CityMini's (they may have changed this in later versions), have the easiest folds, but that's not the look you're going for...

I think either Bugaboo Dragonfly or Uppababy Cruz. Not to confuse with your SILs clunker which was likely a Vista. The Cruz is a much lighter frame.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:15 pm
The latest bugaboo is chic, lighter and excellent quality! Bshaa Tovah sounds so exciting this thread made me smile thank you for sharing !!! 😃
https://www.bloomingdales.com/.....D_BwE

Customization
https://www.bugaboo.com/us-en/......html

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:22 pm
Op I have a bugaboo, a Doona and a yoyo (car stroller)

:)iknowit

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:23 pm
I got the bugaboo dragonfly for my miracle and absolutely love it. Got it in a beautiful green color.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:34 pm
Op I'm so happy for you, bshaa tova!!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:40 pm
I would personally get a bugaboo-figure out which best fits ur needs and then customize the fabric/hood on Etsy
For example:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1.....sts=1

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:23 pm
This is so cool! I had no idea you could get a custom hood on Etsy, my eyes are OPEN to possibilities.

I think I will have to get two. some sort of system with the car seat (either duna, or a seat that snaps into a frame) + a pretty one for walking and overnight visits to inlaws etc.

Thank you so much for all the insights and help -- and the well-wishes. I feel like a first-time mom all over again!!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:43 pm
Do not get the Mima Xari, it looks pretty pretty but that’s about it. It’s horrible.

I have the Silvercross Wave and am extremely happy with it. I’m using it on kid #3 already.

It comes with the seat and bassinet attachments. It’s a little heavier but I don’t notice it. It does take two hands to fold though. Otherwise it’s an amazing stroller, it’s gorgeous, has a large basket for storage, moves around really easily and is easy to steer (I do that with one hand all the time)

I use the Nuna Pipa Lite and have the car seat adapters so it can click into the stroller

kneidelmeidel

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Chasdei HaShem expecting my second after an endless 9 year wait. I already decided years ago that when the day comes I deserve to spoil myself silly!!

I told husband, this year please don't get me jewelry for yom tov, instead I want a sky-is-the-limit, magical stroller. He said ok, up to around $2k (but not much higher cuz I also want to get ALL the pretty nursery furniture and precious clothes, he's in suuuuuuch trouble lol).

I've been dreaming and dreaming, seeing all the gorgeous carriages that pass my ways for almost a decade. but I never allowed myself to look to into the whole matzav. (Last time around there was no money, so got a clunky, functional click-and-go Graco that was so so heavy to handle, and HATED it within weeks)

My must haves:
-An absolutely GORGEOUS color + leather handlebar (I'm thinking either a plum or a sage with cognac leather, it's a girl! - maybe there's a way to get custom??)
-Lightweight, super easy to steer and bump up and down curbs etc
-1-handed fold

I haven't the vaguest idea of anything stroller. I do know we gifted my sister-in-law an uppababy something a couple years ago, which (in my opinion) is a NIGHTMARE, SO SO heavy Sad (she loved it so I'm happy for her but it's not for me, I don't even think it's thaaaat pretty)

And I tried a bugaboo in babys R us and it was so amazing to steer, but it looks like they don't have such cute colors.

I'm obsessed with the stokke aesthetic but I remember my sister-in-law said hers was really heavy.

OP I’m so HAPPY FOR YOU🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹 Enjoy every little second, this is so precious ❤️❤️❤️

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:56 pm
No stroller has everything. Signed, someone who has owned more than 7 strollers for 3 kids. Currently pregnant after a huge space and buying another stroller.

There are 3/4 basic stroller categories. Full size. Travel friendly. Jogging. And now the super tiny fit into over head bins. (Those weren't around by my older kids). Most full size strollers are on the heavier side and larger and more of a shlep for a lot of in and out of the car but are great for walking and city life. You tend to find the most features on them.

You should make a list of features that are most important to you and then decide if you are getting 1 or 2 strollers. A full size and an ez to travel with and see what strollers match your needs/wants the best. If I would be living in the city currently I would get a Bugaboo Fox and a ez fold something for taxis, can be on the cheaper side like the Baby Jogger Tour or something a bit more like Bugaboo Butterfly, the Uppababy travel stroller or the YoYo- they all fit into overhead bins in an airplane. I currently live in the suburbs and use my car and rarely walk anywhere so I got a Bugaboo Dragonfly which comes with a car seat attachment. I don't keep my infants in the infant car seat for long so this combination is perfect for me.

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:10 pm
I gave the cybex priam in rose gold and I bought it because I love how it looks. Fold is hard, and not sure about push because it’s the only full size stroller I’ve had. For travel I use the silver cross jet.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:13 pm
Everyone has different priorities. If I had unlimited funds I’d probably get best push / most luxury brand.
Easy to fold is a feature that limits you. I walk more than I need my carriage to fold so that’s how I choose my priorities.
What’s your lifestyle?
So what are the two or three things you want ?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:29 pm
Op, as someone who’s been through IF I totally feel your happiness!!!!!! I’m so happy for you!!
Bshah tovah!!! Easy smooth pregnancy and delivery

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:29 pm
I think there's a reason why the bugaboo is so popular. By my first I couldn't get myself to spend 1000 on a stroller so I got for 600. Broke within a few years, creaked pretty much from the strst. By my 4th kid I finally invested in a bugaboo fox. It's not even comparable. It's light years ahead! I also have a yoyo and a doona. I dont fold it often so the 2 hand fold x bother me. But I'm in boro park and I use my big stroller every single day and it pushes amazing, its so comfy for baby with a bog bucket seat. It's got my recommendation hands down. Mazel tov!

teachkids

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:45 pm
Valcobaby may be a great option, but it doesn't come in so many colors. It has an easy 1 hand fold and comfortable push, is light, even leather handles.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:58 pm
I think with your budget you can splurge on 2 dream strollers, one for newborn sleeping and walking and the other for travel.
B'shaah tova!

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 7:00 pm
giftedmom wrote:
1 handed fold is only on travel strollers. Which means less color choices and usually less of a recline.
I love my bugaboo butterfly
nope. My nuna triv has a one handed fold and it’s a full service carriage.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 7:08 pm
Hi! I work in a store that sells stroller and other baby things. As many here said, there isn’t a stroller that has everything, no matter the price. The best push sturdy strollers won’t have the best fold and are not lightweight, and vice versa. Most people who are willing to spend get 2. (Or even 3 if you count the doona!) My personal recommendations are the Bugaboo Fox 5 and Cybex Beezy 2.

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 7:15 pm
I didnt read all the responses so sorry if im repeating. I have a wild suggestion treat yourself to more than one stroller. I personally have the doona carseat/newborn, an uppababy for my big big sturdy all terrain stroller and bugaboo butterfly for my single hand fold travel/ in and out of the car stroller. All 3 are customizable

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 7:38 pm
giftedmom wrote:
1 handed fold is only on travel strollers. Which means less color choices and usually less of a recline.
I love my bugaboo butterfly

The Bugaboo Dragonfly is one handed fold too. ( I have both)
It comes in color options and can pushes amazing.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics