Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Which Stroller to take for a 4 month old to Europe for פסח

Ftm22

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:18 am
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a travel stroller that I could put a 4 month old for a 2 week trip to Europe?. Most strollers I’m seeing are for 6 months +. I would want a stroller that baby can sleep comfortably in, so I’m not sure a car seat stroller is the right move. Has anyone tried putting inserts in a travel stroller for baby to fit , and keep head from slouching ?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:22 am
I would not use a travel stroller for such a trip. Do you have a full size stroller? I personally traveled a lot with my uppa baby vista. For that age child I used the bassinet, and the basket is so large I put my car seat in there. For much of Europe, you need a stroller with good wheels. A good size basket is very convenient too, as there’s often a lot of walking.

Ftm22

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:26 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
I would not use a travel stroller for such a trip. Do you have a full size stroller? I personally traveled a lot with my uppa baby vista. For that age child I used the bassinet, and the basket is so large I put my car seat in there. For much of Europe, you need a stroller with good wheels. A good size basket is very convenient too, as there’s often a lot of walking.

So I do have the bugaboo fox 5. Which is a full size stroller. But I was told not to take such a heavy stroller , also that it may get damaged or lost in the airport. But ideally I wish I could take that stroller. Just worried about damage on such an expensive stroller 🙈.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:31 am
I took a doona at that age. I'm usually careful baby shouldn't be in the doona too much but for those 2 weeks, it was my only stroller. Baby napped nicely and when we were at our place, baby slept in his crib

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:38 am
Don’t take your bugaboo unless you rent a travel bag. You can take a doona if you have but don’t keep her in there for too long.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:39 am
The Doona sounds like a nightmare on cobblestone streets and without a basket to put things down.
Does bugaboos have a travel bag that’s warrantied like uppababy does?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:46 am
Some of the travel strollers have a newborn insert that can be used, think both the yoyo and uppababy minu have it. But it depends whether you want to spend several hundred dollars on a new stroller.
You could buy a second hand stroller for cheap, like off craigslist or ebay, and then you won't be so bothered if anything happens to it. We did that once when we were going away on holiday. We used it for 2 weeks then resold it on ebay for what we paid for it.

Ftm22

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:58 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
The Doona sounds like a nightmare on cobblestone streets and without a basket to put things down.
Does bugaboos have a travel bag that’s warrantied like uppababy does?

It does but it says they are not responsible for any damage done by heavy handling in the airport. So mostly just protects against scratches. I’m debating if it’s worth the 200 extra.

Ftm22

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:29 am
Thanks for all the responses ! I’m just wondering if anyone ever tried a travel stroller like the butterfly , colugo, or any lightweight stroller that suited a 4 month old , and could possibly handle rough grounds and gravel.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:34 am
Make sure to also take and use a carrier.

Are you going to be taking a lot of car rides or busses? Are you going to be in a hotel or a private residence? Are you going to be touring ?

unnamed

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:34 am
Ftm22 wrote:
Thanks for all the responses ! I’m just wondering if anyone ever tried a travel stroller like the butterfly , colugo, or any lightweight stroller that suited a 4 month old , and could possibly handle rough grounds and gravel.

You can absolutely put a 4 month old baby in a butterfly etc. for two weeks.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:37 am
amother Snowflake wrote:
I took a doona at that age. I'm usually careful baby shouldn't be in the doona too much but for those 2 weeks, it was my only stroller. Baby napped nicely and when we were at our place, baby slept in his crib

I would do the same. I always travel with my doona but am care ful with baby not being into for long stretches, if I can help it.

Makes traveling so much easier.

Ftm22

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:43 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Make sure to also take and use a carrier.

Are you going to be taking a lot of car rides or busses? Are you going to be in a hotel or a private residence? Are you going to be touring ?

Thank you! Besides to and from the airport I don’t think any other car rides. Mostly walking. The first week we will be in Rome. The second will be Pesach and we will be staying in a hotel in Italy. That’s why I would prefer a stroller that baby can sleep in without worry about it being uncomfortable/ unsafe.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:48 am
Ftm22 wrote:
Thank you! Besides to and from the airport I don’t think any other car rides. Mostly walking. The first week we will be in Rome. The second will be Pesach and we will be staying in a hotel in Italy. That’s why I would prefer a stroller that baby can sleep in without worry about it being uncomfortable/ unsafe.

A few years back I went to Greece with my 3.5 -4 month old for pesach. We had gotten a free inglesina stroller as participating in a focus group, and we took it with. I didn’t lie flat but we started to sit her up and it worked fine. We have to be flexible on vacation! We were on tour busses a lot so I wanted something easy to fit under the bus and to open and close easily.

Ftm22

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:48 am
unnamed wrote:
You can absolutely put a 4 month old baby in a butterfly etc. for two weeks.

I’m just worried about the slouching down and his breathing, if he can’t keep his head up. So far he’s only ever been in a bassinet stroller and doona . Did you by any chance try it with an insert to keep their head up ?

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:52 am
We used an insert with the city mini gt for our baby when she was little and it worked well

unnamed

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:50 am
Ftm22 wrote:
I’m just worried about the slouching down and his breathing, if he can’t keep his head up. So far he’s only ever been in a bassinet stroller and doona . Did you by any chance try it with an insert to keep their head up ?

My 4 month old is strong so idk

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:17 am
bugaboo bee
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics