Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Prolific Surveys Waitlist

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 1:49 pm
I've been on the waitlist since November.

How do others get approved so quickly? I guess they don't want people in my demographic?

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 2:01 pm
You can try applying again with a different email address. Their wait list is weird, applying again might put you at the top of the list for some inexplicable reason.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 2:12 pm
amother Stone wrote:
You can try applying again with a different email address. Their wait list is weird, applying again might put you at the top of the list for some inexplicable reason.

Thanks, maybe I'll do that.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 2:20 pm
I got accepted immediately, but was only offered surveys for the first few days. I haven't been offered any surveys in weeks so I can't make any money off it

It's frustrating because I really thought it could be a side income. I was gonna save the money so we could go on a road trip at the end of the summer

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 2:26 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
I got accepted immediately, but was only offered surveys for the first few days. I haven't been offered any surveys in weeks so I can't make any money off it

It's frustrating because I really thought it could be a side income. I was gonna save the money so we could go on a road trip at the end of the summer

Did you discuss this on a previous thread? There’s usually a reason for this happening.

Try turning off the WiFi on your phone and using the data to go on prolific. Your WiFi might be flagged in their system so using data would fix the issue.

Orangehead

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 2:46 pm
What is prolific surveys?

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 2:52 pm
Orangehead wrote:
What is prolific surveys?

A website where you complete surveys and participate in studies for payment. https://www.prolific.com/

Orangehead

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:29 pm
How much money do you make off these surveys?

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:46 pm
Orangehead wrote:
How much money do you make off these surveys?

I’ve made around $200 a month since joining in November. I log on to the site whenever I have a free moment and check if there are any good surveys to complete.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:50 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:

Use a hotspot and not wifi it often blocks wifi. It’s really annoying.

oneofakind

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 7:54 pm
How do they pay you?
I did a few. Got notifications that a few were accepted. Now what?

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 8:30 pm
oneofakind wrote:
How do they pay you?
I did a few. Got notifications that a few were accepted. Now what?

Once you hit $6 or 6 pounds, you will be able to cash out. You need to input your PayPal email address somewhere in your account settings if you haven’t already. They send it to your PayPal, then you transfer it from there to your bank account. You can either pay a 25 cent fee and have it transferred immediately or pay no fee and have it transferred within a day or two. I always go with the no fee option.

I believe you have to wait a few days between cashouts for the first three cashouts you do when you join the platform, then you can cash out once a day as long as you’ve hit the $6 or 6 pound minimum.

The site is actually in the process of rolling out a new payment system - the info above is for the new payment system. If you’re on the old one, you can cash out at 5 pounds if I’m remembering correctly. It’s through PayPal either way.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:10 pm
I was approved and am offered many surveys.

I wish I had the time to do the longer ones. I literally have no time and just do the under 3 minute ones here and there.

I still made decent money. I am up to about $75 for very sporatic participation.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:26 pm
Cool. This thread reminded me that I tried to sign up months ago and didn't get a response. I saw the post from amother that said try with a new email address. So I just did that and got approved a minute later!
So weird.
Question- they tell me I have to sign up for hyperwallet which is a division of paypal. I never heard of this. It's legit? Why not just regular paypal?
Also- they want a copy of my photo id. Is that normal? Should I do this?

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:47 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Cool. This thread reminded me that I tried to sign up months ago and didn't get a response. I saw the post from amother that said try with a new email address. So I just did that and got approved a minute later!
So weird.
Question- they tell me I have to sign up for hyperwallet which is a division of paypal. I never heard of this. It's legit? Why not just regular paypal?
Also- they want a copy of my photo id. Is that normal? Should I do this?

Congrats on getting accepted!

Getting paid through hyperwallet is a recent development on the site. It’s on the back end, the payments come through to PayPal. I didn’t have to sign up for hyperwallet but I was already on the site when they switched to it.

The photo id is a requirement so they can confirm you’re a real person. They host studies for very legit universities and businesses, they need to prevent people from catfishing the system and causing the research data to be inaccurate. I did it and no harm done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics