Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Would you have said something? (baby left alone)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:27 pm
Cheiny wrote:
So again, even if the odds are very low, one in ten million. Are those good enough odds for you to risk your children?

I honestly can’t believe anyone is defending this. I can see a misunderstanding, thinking one of the other kids is watching the baby or what not, but to intentionally do it, to not show back up for 7 minutes, and to say from the jump that there’s nothing wrong with doing this, as some of the imas here are, is frightening to me.

Again, I truly hope it doesn’t take a really bad wake up call.

I’ve also told the story where at 12 midnight on a Friday night, a 2 yr old frum child was found (thankfully by a frum jew) wandering the streets looking for their Mommy. The man who found the child went knocking on many doors and finally located the parents, hanging out at their friends’ home. They figured their kidS (yes, there were more children in the home who’d been left alone, including a baby! No old enough kids to babysit) were sleeping, so they could leave and go have fun with another couple.

The man was going to contact the police if he didn’t find the parents, so lucky for those neglectful parents, he found them. They surely would’ve been arrested if it had reached the cops.

I guess we’ll be hearing from imas defending this story as well…

Cheiny, you literally do/did things with your children dozens of times a day that had a much higher risk of death or serious injury than 1 in 10 million Can't Believe It

Also, the two stories you’ve shared on this thread, the one of the wandering two year old and the one of the 10 year old in the drivers seat, are absolutely no comparison to the story OP shared.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Aqua I won’t continue with you bc my DH once told me- if a crazy person call u crazy, would you argue with them? U believe I’m an OP of a thread I have never even read and assume I’m the type who’s desperate for validation.
But I think that perhaps ur so defensive bc ur a mom who would leave her baby unattended. I’m only saying this once bc there’s no point to continue this thread after-
Please do not leave your baby unattended in a public setting. Please take your baby with you. It does not physically hurt to keep your child by your side.
Easy fast, everyone 🇮🇱

I said it’s probably you’re not the same OP. But it’s the same vibe.

I don’t send my babies to babysitters, I never do cry it out, I certainly don’t leave my babies unattended. So you’re wrong about that. I just find it very hard to believe that you had any reason for posting this thread other than to pile on to the mother of that baby and also fish for praise for your actions.

And it didn’t help that you replied to my accusations with defenses that’s contradicted everything else you had written in this thread.

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:31 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
I said it’s probably you’re not the same OP. But it’s the same vibe.

I don’t send my babies to babysitters, I never do cry it out, I certainly don’t leave my babies unattended. So you’re wrong about that. I just find it very hard to believe that you had any reason for posting this thread other than to pile on to the mother of that baby and also fish for praise for your actions.

And it didn’t help that you replied to my accusations with defenses that’s contradicted everything else you had written in this thread.

You’re making a lot of assumptions and generalizations. You have no idea what OP is feeling or thinking other than what she shares, and it is presumptuous and inappropriate to ascribe self-aggrandizing motivations to her based on anything she wrote. Enough.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:36 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
You’re making a lot of assumptions and generalizations. You have no idea what OP is feeling or thinking other than what she shares, and it is presumptuous and inappropriate to ascribe self-aggrandizing motivations to her based on anything she wrote. Enough.

You’re right. But I’m not making any assumptions when I say that OP is clearly, as evidenced by her own posts on this thread, judging and “bashing” the mother. That’s a fact, not an assumption. Furthermore, OP seems to have no issue ascribing thoughts and intentions to the mother in the story.

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:39 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
You’re right. But I’m not making any assumptions when I say that OP is clearly, as evidenced by her own posts on this thread, judging and “bashing” the mother. That’s a fact, not an assumption. Furthermore, OP seems to have no issue ascribing thoughts and intentions to the mother in the story.

Reread her first post in this thread…she is describing what happened as she experienced it, not ascribing intentions to the mother and not bashing.

OP - I think you did the right thing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:39 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:

Thanks I’m going to have this thread removed bc I don’t want other moms reading this and thinking it’s okay to leave your baby bc some moms say so

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:41 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
Reread her first post in this thread…she is describing what happened as she experienced it, not ascribing intentions to the mother and not bashing.

OP - I think you did the right thing.

Her intentions got much clearer after her initial post, as she continued to post responses. Her judgement toward the mother became more evident and her harsh tone toward anyone who disagreed with her was clear. So I would say that she did a good job of making her intentions with this thread clear.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks I’m going to have this thread removed bc I don’t want other moms reading this and thinking it’s okay to leave your baby bc some moms say so

Maybe if so many moms here are saying that the story is not the abuse case you thought it would be, it means it’s not? You yourself stated that you did not think the danger level was high. So which one is it?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:46 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
Maybe if so many moms here are saying that the story is not the abuse case you thought it would be, it means it’s not? You yourself stated that you did not think the danger level was high. So which one is it?

I don’t understand you, I keep repeating that a baby shouldn’t be left alone, danger or not. Why are u fighting me so much?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:55 pm
effess wrote:
Here’s a scenario that must likely happened:
Mother came into the packed store and soon after the baby fell asleep. Mom asked 8 yr old big brother to wheel him around while she shops, probably with a few other kids. After a few minutes mom looks at big brother and notices no stroller.
Oh my!
Leiby, where is baby?
Leiby doesn’t know what to answer bc he can’t remember.
Mom and kids then go and search for baby. They find him.
Baby is ok bh but mom is fuming at herself for thinking that Leiby would be helpful in wheeling around the baby while she shops.
She might even let out her anger at Leiby.
She is not in a position to talk to you. Brother takes the baby and they head out.
Thanks for keeping an eye on the baby.
That was nice.
Saying anything is unhelpful.

Yeh these were my thoughts.....

[thread locked at the request of OP - mod]
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics