Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
S/O mishloach monos to ex husband from kids

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:19 pm
Bit of a funny question but should I get my kids to prepare a MM for their father? Its the first purim post divorce, we get on well and he sees the kids a couple of times a week.

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:20 pm
It’s not typical at all for young kids to give their parents shalach manos and I don’t see why that would be any different with divorced parents. So no I don’t think you should encourage your children, there’s no reason to. Though you shouldn’t discourage if they want to.

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:25 pm
No why would kids give their parent?

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:26 pm
If they don’t live with him I think it’s a nice gesture

Highstrung

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:29 pm
Never thought of it. It’s a cute idea but unnecessary. My parents were divorced and we spent half of Purim with my father every year , some of my best memories. But we didn’t give him MM. We went around to his friends and delivered MM with him.

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:39 pm
I think it say alot about what a wonderful person you are. It would be cute if them to buy some of his favorite snacks and wrap it up for him.

Hashem should bentch you with all revealed good things in life.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:47 pm
My parents are divorced and we didn’t spend Purim with my dad, but he’d come to visit us at some point during the day

We always each made our own MM to give him like the same ones we made for our friends, because we were excited to show it off since he wasn’t around to be a part of the prep to make them or see it. So he’d get a cute kiddie MM from each of his kids and I know he always loved it and it made him feel more involved in our celebrating Purim

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:45 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
No why would kids give their parent?

Why not? It's a very nice thing to do

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:48 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
It’s not typical at all for young kids to give their parents shalach manos and I don’t see why that would be any different with divorced parents. So no I don’t think you should encourage your children, there’s no reason to. Though you shouldn’t discourage if they want to.

It’s different if they don’t see that parent often.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:55 pm
I think it’s a great idea. It shows that you are a compassionate person. And you are showing your kids even if you don’t live together there is always room for כבוד אב ואם.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:57 pm
NO

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:01 pm
I think that is a lovely idea.
It models beautiful middot for your children.

Have a wonderful Purim

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 3:05 pm
When you are married, you are living under a different roof - do you give your parents? Even if you see them often, or hardly ever if they live in a different state? I do, DH does and my parents did too. I think if any kids are living in different house, they should give their parents (unless of course there is specific reason why not). Its a sign of closeness, and hakoras Hatov. No different if they are older single living alone, or younger and living with 1 parent.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 7:49 am
Thanks all 😃
Have a wonderful Purim!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics