Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Rina lace top vs rx lace fall vs a ribbon front

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 7:16 am
I need to get a new sheitel but don’t have tons of extra money to replace if a new one doesn’t work out. Sheitels are like the Wild West in some ways!

These above three are options I’ve heard about. I’m wondering which is the best. Quality, how long it will last, and especially how comfortable it will be especially in the summer.
If anyone can weigh in I’d appreciate it!

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 2:09 am
What are you looking for because they’re all very different…
A ribbon front is a regular skin top but the first inch or so is made of a thinner ribbon so it lays flatter and more natural
A lace fall is a lace top and the wefts are sewn in a different direction, it is meant to be worn half up and won’t look good any other way
And a lace top is when the whole top is lace so it is very flat and natural and comfortable and can be worn in any style
Go to a shaitel macher that will guide you with what the right option is for you

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 2:17 am
I have an rx lace fall. It can be worn down, or half up or all up. I love it. It’s comfortable and I can wear it like my own hair, behind my ears or in pony or half up….. so far I love it. I only have it about a month . My friend has it and also loves it. Before I used to wear a fall everyday , now with a lace fall I look put together and pretty and still it’s comfortable

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 8:18 am
amother Molasses wrote:
I have an rx lace fall. It can be worn down, or half up or all up. I love it. It’s comfortable and I can wear it like my own hair, behind my ears or in pony or half up….. so far I love it. I only have it about a month . My friend has it and also loves it. Before I used to wear a fall everyday , now with a lace fall I look put together and pretty and still it’s comfortable

Where did you get it ?
You wear it as a fall or Sheitel?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 8:23 am
I’m buying a new wig now too and I want something very flat that I can wear in a ponytail but also a full wig. I’m leaning towards a Rina wig. I think it’s the best for my budget (under 3500). I don’t like how Rx lace falls look when they are worn as plain wigs- I want something with more hair in the front. I have heard Rinas don’t last very long but I sk hoping for two years of daily wear. Unfortunately, that seems to be the standard for wigs in this price range.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 8:45 am
amother Molasses wrote:

Do you know if the lace can be lined? Does it still look as good if you do that?

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 8:51 am
Yes can be lined they recommend lining it. Rina is a sary wig with a more comfortable cap. Sarys are cheaper than renas, sary 2,700 rena 3,500

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 10:53 am
Bumping for more thoughts

I’m so disheartened to know I could pay $3500 and it’s not expected to last more than 2 years!

I wouldn’t be wearing it daily - does that change things? It would be my nice weekday and Shabbos wig.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels