Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Why is this? (Last minute shopping)
1  2  3  Next

Are you a last minute person?
Yes  
 30%  [ 72 ]
Not usually  
 38%  [ 90 ]
Depends on the situation  
 30%  [ 72 ]
Total Votes : 234

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 2:56 pm
Why are some people so last minute? Purim stores are packed, people still buying things now in amazing savings, cellophane, ribbon etc. People still buying mishloach manos. Trying to understand.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 2:57 pm
Power to you lol

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 2:57 pm
How are you not last minute? Pls enlighten us!

amother
Snow

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 2:58 pm
TBH, it's kind of an afterthought to me this year.

amother
Oatmeal

People don’t have money and think more will come in
People don’t have a theme or idea that they like and think one will come soon
People are working and keep pushing off for when it’s more convenient
Etc
Etc
Etc
People don’t feel pressured until last minute…

amother
Bisque

It’s called life
Could be
Lack funds to buy earlier
Kids or parents getting sick last minute
Being busy working during a busy season

Genius

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:02 pm
I am lazy. I procrastinate. Good for you that those traits missed your gene.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:17 pm
I am last minute at times but make sure to have things before the crowds come. I'd put my MM together but baked goods have to be packed fresh

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:19 pm
I have ADHD and I'm a perfectionist. Even when I try to do things ahead of time it's never everything for some reason. Also I'll try to find the "perfect" thing for weeks without luck before just buying something not exactly as I pictured. It's a very time consuming life, I don't recommend.

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:26 pm
I just forget things and have to run out again. Like I’ll all my regular ones done but then I’ll realize that I need a fancy bag for the rebbeim one. Or I’ll shop in advance and plan to put them together erev purim and realize there’s an awkward gap, I need something to go there.
Or realize I need more of everything. Or a million other things. Do other people not do this??

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:27 pm
People run out of things, were sick, were working, plan A failed, they didn’t want it taking up space until now, they just feel like it..

I can list even more reasons hope you get the point

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:47 pm
I buy in advance and manage to consume it all...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:53 pm
But what's it to you, OP? I'm willing to wager that you have weaknesses of your own that every one of those last-minute MM shoppers doesn't have and can't fathom why you do.

I don't make MM in advance because I'm plagued by mice. I can't leave any food around if it's not in a rigid rodent-proof container, and I'm not about to clutter up my small apartment with plastic bins large enough to accommodate all my assembled MM packages.

amother
Chicory

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:54 pm
We started six weeks in advance. Am very sick so took care of things on better days. Ended up with a lot of last minute shopping even though we started early.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 4:09 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
I have ADHD and I'm a perfectionist. Even when I try to do things ahead of time it's never everything for some reason. Also I'll try to find the "perfect" thing for weeks without luck before just buying something not exactly as I pictured. It's a very time consuming life, I don't recommend.

Hear hear

Bleemee

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 4:10 pm
amother Aster wrote:
I just forget things and have to run out again. Like I’ll all my regular ones done but then I’ll realize that I need a fancy bag for the rebbeim one. Or I’ll shop in advance and plan to put them together erev purim and realize there’s an awkward gap, I need something to go there.
Or realize I need more of everything. Or a million other things. Do other people not do this??

Apparently a lot of people do hence the OP Wink

up high

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 4:58 pm
I'm very advanced and did the MM a while ago. I just realized I needed more than I intended.
So last second shopping

amother
Brickred

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 5:09 pm
I was last minute because I dont manage my life at times. I don't get why you care?

amother
Clear

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 5:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why are some people so last minute? Purim stores are packed, people still buying things now in amazing savings, cellophane, ribbon etc. People still buying mishloach manos. Trying to understand.

If you can't understand, you are either very young or very blessed.

I am a person who likes to be organized and plan ahead. But guess what? Sometimes life happens and last minute is the only way things happen. Oh, well.

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 5:38 pm
I don't have enough money to be organized. So everything is last minute. (or doesn't happen at all)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics