Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Do you know where your child is tonight?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:06 am
I don’t. I keep telling myself that Hashem sends a special malach to watch over struggling children on Purim.
I implore those of you that host big parties in tents and backyards in Lakewood: please don’t serve alcohol to minors.
Okay, who am I kidding? If I can’t control my child, why do I think that’s your responsibility? It’s not. I’m grasping at straws here. I should thank you for providing them with food and not throwing them out headfirst. (Actually, I just heard they were kicked out. Oh well. Onto the next party.)

Anyone else’s mind runs amok thinking of the worst possible outcomes?
I love Purim. I always did. I want my children to love it, and to have the good memories that I do from the Purim of my childhood. It’s not their fault I’m worrying overtime.
My kid knows they are loved, and they were educated about drinking. Let’s hope all sense doesn’t go out the window because everyone else is getting drunk and high.
I’m not sure what I wanted from this post. Maybe to know I’m not alone? Maybe to distract myself so I don’t go crazy from worrying?

A freilichen Purim to all!

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:09 am
It's a crazy thing, this bochurim going to strangers' homes without normal supervision. I'm also waiting up for my boys to come home.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:10 am
amother Clear wrote:
It's a crazy thing, this bochurim going to strangers' homes without normal supervision. I'm also waiting up for my boys to come home.

Bochurim is half the problem. It’s the girls I’m worried about. They’re more vulnerable tonight, especially with all the drinking. Although I do sympathize!

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Bochurim is half the problem. It’s the girls I’m worried about. They’re more vulnerable tonight, especially with all the drinking. Although I do sympathize!
Why are your girls out now? My boys have to go k'lecting for their yeshiva.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:16 am
amother Clear wrote:
Why are your girls out now? My boys have to go klecting for their yeshiva.

I don’t know, ask her. While you’re at it, ask all her wild drunken friends the same thing.
If I had the answers, do you think I’d be posting here? Smile

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:18 am
I hope she's home safe!
I'm worried for her now too!
Not so long ago on my way home, I saw kids out. I asked hashem to send them home safe to their worried parents.
Purim is fun. The anxiety isn't.

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:21 am
BH both my sons walked in now a few minutes apart, from two different groups. Neither is drunk bh. Both seemed happy bh. One is already in bed bh and the other sat down to eat something. Tomorrow is another anxiety-filled day but at least for now they are both safely under my roof.

ETA: I just re-read your OP and realized I missed the word "struggling". I'm sorry that my posts were insensitive.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:27 am
amother Clear wrote:
now they are both safely under my roof.

ETA: I just re-read your OP and realized I missed the word "struggling". I'm sorry that my posts were insensitive.

Totally fine, no worries. If I would cry every time someone judged I’d be a puddle by now. I figured either English wasn’t your first language or you missed it. LOL
I’m glad your boys are home safe. Mine just texted that she’s headed to another party.

Uber drivers are making a killing tonight, that’s for sure! Wink

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:34 am
My son is in a different country and I can only pray to Gd he is safe and uses his sechel.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:36 am
amother OP wrote:
Totally fine, no worries. If I would cry every time someone judged I’d be a puddle by now. I figured either English wasn’t your first language or you missed it. LOL
I’m glad your boys are home safe. Mine just texted that she’s headed to another party.

Uber drivers are making a killing tonight, that’s for sure! Wink
sending you love and ease.
B”H the Uber drivers are making a killing and the kids aren’t driving under the influence.
(Looking for those small wins)

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:39 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
My son is in a different country and I can only pray to Gd he is safe and uses his sechel.

Same!
Hashem please keep all our kids safe!
Op, hope she gets home safely! The anxiety over our kids is the worst!!

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:24 am
Mine is adult who doesn't live home, but he told me he'll be coming home to sleep after his parties tonight, well it's 6:30 am and he is still not here.

The worrying never stops. Even if he is 25.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 7:17 am
I hope everyone’s children got home safely.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 7:31 am
Scary. Hoping everyone's children are okay.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 9:16 am
Mine came in 7-730 am. I didn't sleep all night, plus I had my dgtr in my bed, to make a bed available for him.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 5:00 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
sending you love and ease.
B”H the Uber drivers are making a killing and the kids aren’t driving under the influence.
(Looking for those small wins)

Yes! B”H for Uber. Thank you to the police officers that patrolled the streets all night and eventually drove them home. I’m not sure they qualify as malachim, but they did keep the girls safe. Very Happy

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 7:44 pm
No but they're with their yeshiva. Hashem Will watch over them! I'm not going to lie though, I am a bit worried. One just text me back, he's fine. The other one isn't replying.
Purim just gets harder for me with my big boys out till who knows what time. It's 11.45pm here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children