Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Any way to make a non lace look very natural?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 9:52 am
I like the idea of non lace for durability…a lace front is also a compromise. It seems like it’s harder to get non lace wigs and I’m also wondering if they can look natural. I see Eva and Chloe has a new line of natural skin tops

erm

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 9:52 am
Cutting bangs

Refine

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 10:13 am
Maybe well done baby hairs.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 10:49 am
non lace these days is very natural looking. They do this to cater to the category who do not wear lace for various reasons. The whole cap is constructed much differently and is made very flat. I live in a neighborhood where many don't wear lace but its very hard to tell only from very up close.They also started to make non lace tops with a ribbon edge so they are flat yet very durable. The truth is it is very hard to wear a lace every day especially if you are makpid to wear only a sheitel outside.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 12:33 am
Ribbon front wig
Or wig surgery/ new flat front where they basically debulk and remove the thickness from the hairline

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 12:36 am
I find folded lace top to be so much more durable and easier to wear than regular lace, and so much more natural than skin top.

Eastern

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:45 pm
I own a wig store, and what I suggest to my customers who want a more natural look, want it out of their faces, and also don’t want to deal with a lace front, is to get a skin top lace front wig, and let me hem the whole lace front into the wig. That way they’ll always have the option to turn it back into a lace front, but also, lace front wigs are constructed differently, thinner/flatter at the front, and the direction of the hair is wherever it dries or is styled, rather than falling toward your face no matter what you do. You still have those advantages, without the actual lace front. Alternatively, you could pluck the front of a skin top wig and then blend your own hairline baby hairs into it.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:55 pm
Once we look very good, it is not the end of the world if sharp eyed people can tell that we are wearing a wig.

We are PROUD of this badge of our way of life. Go ahead and know I'm wearing a wig.

We are not in a movie where nobody wants to see the wig on a character. Let them see it.

As long as we look good.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:03 pm
I would not recommend a lace front shaitel. They are annoying to make the transition look right.

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:14 pm
I actually don’t like lace front I think they look too flat (and wiggy). My friend has a widows peak and she just got her new lace top done with it and I don’t think it looks nice. Also, in general I just think lace tops look too flat. I’d much rather go for a skin top

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:46 pm
Is skin top wig something new? Or what every wig was before lace top?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels