Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
I didn’t drink but…..
1  2  Next

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 10:58 am
… I’m so hungover!!

My body is aching. I’m too tired to leave my spot in the 🛋️

Why is Purim so hard on parents??

Don’t get me wrong, it was fun while it lasted. Now that it’s over, I’m pooped and completely shattered!

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 11:27 am
Yup every bone in my body is letting me know it exists. Bh we have shushan purim to recover!

Busybee5

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 11:30 am
Yeah it's the aftermath of Purim that's often even harder than the day itself! I have a headache, and just want to go back to bed! Tackling the washing, feeding the kids and tidying messes all at once. It's hard!

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 11:35 am
amother Broom wrote:
Yup every bone in my body is letting me know it exists. Bh we have shushan purim to recover!

I wish

zoom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 11:40 am
I feel like Im tidying up from a week long ymtv.

Not the food cos we didnt host but just the washing and the bits and bits of stuff everywhere!

I keep going eound the house collecting all the stuff again and again.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 11:48 am
zoom wrote:
I feel like Im tidying up from a week long ymtv.

Not the food cos we didnt host but just the washing and the bits and bits of stuff everywhere!

I keep going eound the house collecting all the stuff again and again.

Oh how I relate! BH I've got it under control now after buying the kids nash off of them, and all costumes are in the wash. But now I'm so shattered today I can't move and I need to prepare food for the kids for school tomorrow. I just can't be bothered and also I've no clue what's for supper.
3.50 already here, I'd better start thinking about it. I'll probably pull french fries or out of the freezer, and make scrambled eggs. Maybe with baked beans

Last edited by Busybee5 on Mon, Mar 25 2024, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 11:49 am
Same here!!! Bh we don't have school today!!

Imas in yerushalayim what are you doing on shushan purim? Are you off Sunday Monday and Tuesday or shushan purim is a regular work/school day?
I was just wondering about that!

dena613

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 11:57 am
Shushan Purim IS Purim in Yerushalayim!

zoom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 12:01 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Oh how I relate! BH I've got it under control now after buying the kids nash off of them, and all costumes are in the wash. But now I'm so shattered today I can't move and I need to prepare food for the kids for school tomorrow. I just can't be bothered and also I've no clue what's for supper.
3.50 already here, I'd better start thinking about it. I'll probably pull french fries or out of the freezer, and make scrambled eggs. Maybe with baked beans

Im jelous you got your kids nash off them.
Hats off.

hodeez

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 12:16 pm
How validating this thread is!

Busybee5

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 12:17 pm
zoom wrote:
Im jelous you got your kids nash off them.
Hats off.

Thanks, they were really happy to trade! I couldn't believe how willing they were. I let them chose a couple of their favourite things first.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 12:18 pm
dena613 wrote:
Shushan Purim IS Purim in Yerushalayim!

Do your kids have school the day after Purim is what she meant?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 12:40 pm
I can't believe this thread, you literally read my mind! I just said to my ds16 (who got rather high yesterday but fine and functioning today) that I don't understand why I'm so exhausted today, cuz not like I drank yesterday! And the house....mess everywhere which adds to my drunk feelings.

Left him watching the kids while I went back to sleep....woke up to find the mess is still there, but feel better able tackle it having had some sleep.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 12:46 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
I can't believe this thread, you literally read my mind! I just said to my ds16 (who got rather high yesterday but fine and functioning today) that I don't understand why I'm so exhausted today, cuz not like I drank yesterday! And the house....mess everywhere which adds to my drunk feelings.

Left him watching the kids while I went back to sleep....woke up to find the mess is still there, but feel better able tackle it having had some sleep.

Haha. I think I read the mind of every Jewish woman today.

Enjoy your nap!!

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 1:06 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Haha. I think I read the mind of every Jewish woman today.

Enjoy your nap!!

Thank you! OP thanks for this thread, love it that you know what's going on my house...makes me feel normal!

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 1:09 pm
I'm a couple of weeks postpartum and that was the hardest Purim of my life. If I ever have a baby around this time again my husband is not allowed near a bottle of wine with a 10 foot pole.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 1:17 pm
I had the hardest time getting out of bed for my baby this morning. And now I am schlepping around trying to get my house together after a big late party.
I guess we are all here procrastinating.

corolla

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 1:22 pm
Same! I keep saying that you're still hungover, whether you drank or you didn't.

I heard someone say that if your house doesn't look like a tornado hit then Purim didn't happen.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 2:05 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
Thank you! OP thanks for this thread, love it that you know what's going on my house...makes me feel normal!

Darling, you are the most normal woman there ever was.

IRL, to everyone who breezily said, “Hope you had a beautiful Purim”, expecting me to say-“ yes, I did, Baruch hashem!!!” all cheerfully, I answered, “yes, I did but it was also exhausting!”

To my surprise, every single person answered- “omg! Me too!” Or “sounds about right!”

I’m all for being real!

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 2:07 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
I'm a couple of weeks postpartum and that was the hardest Purim of my life. If I ever have a baby around this time again my husband is not allowed near a bottle of wine with a 10 foot pole.

Wow! I can imagine!

I had this 3 years ago, I was 2.5 weeks pp, and my DH was recovering from surgery he did the day before, so yes, it was tough. My son wanted to go out so it was up to me.

Bh he couldn’t drink because of the surgery.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics