Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What's $200????
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

lamplighter

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 10:25 pm
Sometimes extra information distracts from the point and gives space for people to get lost in the details. Very common on imamother. I am guilty of it too (both the extra info and the getting caught up in the not so relevant details).

mig100

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:42 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you.
I'm scratching my head over some responses here. Like posters are deliberately looking to turn this on me and make me feel like I did something wrong.

Yeah strange responses

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:59 am
Your parents should not be giving money to someone that says it's nothing.

They should only be giving money to someone that says thanks it means a lot.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:49 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Your parents should not be giving money to someone that says it's nothing.

They should only be giving money to someone that says thanks it means a lot.

Disagree.
I think OP embellished her story and things aren’t as they seem.

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:58 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Disagree.

Poor OP she's really getting called out here...can't see why tho.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 8:04 am
amother Tealblue wrote:
Poor OP she's really getting called out here...can't see why tho.

I think the sister or sister in law or whoever really said it, was trying to make the mother feel better.
Plus different amounts of money mean different things to people.
And it isn’t up to OP to decide how others should spend their money. She doesn’t know the whole story.

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 8:37 am
I'm always wary of stories that change once people call them out on it.
The original post DID say that she told her mother she was counting on it.
The original post said nothing about tone of voice or in front of everyone.
And in the original post is did sound like her father was not well all year.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:05 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Disagree.

Things are exactly as they seem.
What is wrong with people.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:06 am
amother Birch wrote:
I'm always wary of stories that change once people call them out on it.
The original post DID say that she told her mother she was counting on it.
The original post said nothing about tone of voice or in front of everyone.
And in the original post is did sound like her father was not well all year.

OK. I give up.
Literally scratching my head here over some responses.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:12 am
This is the most bizarre thread ever. I can't understand how it got here

BH Yom Yom

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:17 am
OP it sounds like a very frustrating situation! You sound like an appreciative and considerate daughter. Why anyone is attacking you or making assumptions (or accusing you of lying) is beyond me.

Wishing your father a refuah sheleimah!

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:18 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I think the sister or sister in law or whoever really said it, was trying to make the mother feel better.
Plus different amounts of money mean different things to people.
And it isn’t up to OP to decide how others should spend their money. She doesn’t know the whole story.

give me a break.
Does it make YOU feel better if someone belittles your gift to them?
Lets not try to twist the story people! Also, work on your reading comprehension.

OP, don't worry most people here understand your story and agree with you that your sil was rude.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:22 am
amother OP wrote:
OK. I give up.
Literally scratching my head here over some responses.

Ima gets really weird around money and especially money given to others. It’s not you.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:30 am
amother Papaya wrote:
That’s fine. But that’s what you originally wrote, so my reaction to what you said was based off of those words being used, since that’s the information that was given to me.

Interesting. You are right, and it’s strange that OP is pretending not to know what you are talking about.

What the SIL said is really rude anyway.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:41 am
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Interesting. You are right, and it’s strange that OP is pretending not to know what you are talking about.

What the SIL said is really rude anyway.

I'm not pretending not to know. This was gone over & explained already upthread.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:42 am
amother Yellow wrote:
give me a break.
Does it make YOU feel better if someone belittles your gift to them?
Lets not try to twist the story people! Also, work on your reading comprehension.

OP, don't worry most people here understand your story and agree with you that your sil was rude.

The sil was rude, to both her mil and op. But OP gaslighting people who saw her original post (myself included) just doesn't reflect well on her and makes people think she may not be being entirely open about the situation. Which is her prerogative, she doesn't owe us anything - but she put the story out there and then changed it, so don't expect people not to notice.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:43 am
amother Mint wrote:
The sil was rude, to both her mil and op. But OP gaslighting people who saw her original post (myself included) just doesn't reflect well on her and makes people think she may not be being entirely open about the situation. Which is her prerogative, she doesn't owe us anything - but she put the story out there and then changed it, so don't expect people not to notice.

I'm not gaslighting anyone.
Read the entire thread before being rude & making assumptions.
I did not change the story. But because some people are so determined to twist the story in a way to make me out to be the bad guy, I needed to explain myself over & over again. But I see that I can explain till I'm blue in the face, it doesn't help for those that are so intent on twisting the story & nit pick on every word, to fit their agenda of making it seem like I did something wrong.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:52 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm not gaslighting anyone.
Read the entire thread before being rude & making assumptions.
I did not change the story. But because some people are so determined to twist the story in a way to make me out to be the bad guy, I needed to explain myself over & over again. But I see that I can explain till I'm blue in the face, it doesn't help for those that are so intent on twisting the story & nit pick on every word, to fit their agenda of making it seem like I did something wrong.

Probably gaslighting is too strong a term. But yes, you had me questioning myself when I came back to this thread and saw you write "I never told my mother I was counting on it", because those were the exact words I remembered having read. So I had to go back to the [edited] first post and then find where you'd been quoted a few posts down to assure myself that I had indeed remembered correctly. Anyway, I do agree with you that your sil was rude.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:57 am
amother Mint wrote:
Probably gaslighting is too strong a term. But yes, you had me questioning myself when I came back to this thread and saw you write "I never told my mother I was counting on it", because those were the exact words I remembered having read. So I had to go back to the [edited] first post and then find where you'd been quoted a few posts down to assure myself that I had indeed remembered correctly. Anyway, I do agree with you that your sil was rude.

And then I explained that it was an error that was there for afew minutes till I read my post & realized it, but you're not stopping to harp on it & it seems like all your posts are based on that.
(And honestly, there's nothing wrong with what I first wrote either, it definitely doesn't warrant such strong and twisted responses like the responses you gave.)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:58 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm not pretending not to know. This was gone over & explained already upthread.

You kind of did and I was all on your side until I saw that. “I was counting on it” isn’t a typo that you’d accidentally write because you were thinking of something else and claiming it was a typo rather than an intentional change is silly. It’s just a small change but it sounds different than “it’s a real help”.

It makes me wonder if you “just” changed a few words of what your sil said and that her actual words were a lot less obnoxious.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette