Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Random curiosity poll about kids looks
1  2  3  Next

If you have biological children, did your first baby look more like
You  
 27%  [ 97 ]
Their father  
 55%  [ 196 ]
Both/neither  
 16%  [ 59 ]
Total Votes : 352

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:00 am
I have the impression that most first babies look more like their father, and it's uncanny, and I'm curious whether it's true or just my experience. I know a few families where the first baby/kid looks like the mother, but it seems to be the minority in my personal circle.

I used the word baby because in my family the kids grew into their own look more over time.

And I used the word biological because I'm curious about the theoretical genetics.

ray family

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:07 am
My first baby looked like my father when he was born.
Over time he resembled my husband’s family. Now he’s developed his own look

tichellady

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:10 am
My first looks a lot like me! So much so that people who meet her with a friend or babysitter have asked her if she is my daughter. My second looks like my husband’s family but I also see a little of myself in him but the truth is my husband and I don’t look very different from each other

ap

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:12 am
I'm also curious if it depends if it's a boy or girl

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:21 am
ap wrote:
I'm also curious if it depends if it's a boy or girl

Oh good point. Maybe I need a new poll...
Boy looks like me
Girl looks like me
Boy looks like him
Girl looks like him
Boy looks like both or neither
Girl looks like both or neither

Should I delete this and start again?

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:24 am
I just started this line of thought because my friend shared a family picture which starkly reminded me that the oldest (a boy) looks very much like the mother, and I was thinking how cool that is because I know so many the opposite. Including my own kids, which is maybe why I'm attuned to it (first is all him, second leans toward me)

ap

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:32 am
I would include these options Laugh

Like me. Boy
Like my family. Boy
Like father. Boy
Like fathers family. Boy
Like neither. Boy

Like me. Girl
Like my family. Girl
Like father. Girl
Like fathers family. Girl
Like neither . Girl

jerusalem90

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:43 am
You'll get more written responses if it's Amother enabled. Some of us are too paranoid of being doxxed to write the number, gender order, and who our kids look more like.

I did vote in the poll though since that's anon.

gande

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:46 am
My oldest has many of her fathers features but she looks like me. She has my facial structure and mannerism. I know because many people guess she is my daughter by just seeing her in school or on the street.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:52 am
jerusalem90 wrote:
You'll get more written responses if it's Amother enabled. Some of us are too paranoid of being doxxed to write the number, gender order, and who our kids look more like.

I did vote in the poll though since that's anon.

Yeah I know but I'm fine with that because I just want raw percentages. Is it or is it not more common for a first born to look like one parent or the other.

I would say "like mother's family" or "like father's family" counts as like mother/father respectively.

lovelylife

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 2:52 am
Started off looking just like me and over time definitely fits right in with my husband's siblings (could've been my mil's son!!) - and he's only 21 months.

But then again, people say DH and I look like siblings....

6000miles

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:04 am
My oldest daughter looks like my husband. But I’m the oldest too and I look exactly like my mom.

jerusalem90

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:17 am
IME children, no matter birth order, usually look more like their dad than like their mom. There are many exceptions though.

kugelEater

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:49 am
Some families have stronger genes than others. I'm not sure exactly how this works, but sometimes you see huge extended families that ALL the kids have a similar look. It's very cool actually! Most (if not all) of my siblings look like my father's side, and my cousins from that side also do, so my siblings and my cousins end up looking like siblings. Genetics are fascinating!

Brit in Israel

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:42 am
Oldest-girl is a copy of me, has my mothers blond hair and I'm brown haired.
2nd- boy is a carbon copy of my husband. I was stopped to ask if I'm married to DH coz baby is a copy.
3rd-girl is a complete mix. Some strong features of my side of the family and strong features of Fil.

We get many comments of how different each child looks.
Very curious what #4 will look like.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:18 am
Still a small sample size but interesting to see that so far I'm right by a small but significant margin.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:49 am
When I had my first I was told that apparently if the oldest looks like the husband it means the couple have good shalom bayis.

Bubba meisa but I think some moms feel good hearing it when their first kid looks nothing like them 😂

rowo

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:52 am
As a baby everyone said they looked like DH and his fam. But as a teen they look more like me and my fam. 🤷‍♀️

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:56 am
I am the firstborn of my parents and someone they knew feminized my dad's name when they saw me bc they thought I looked just like him

rowo

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:57 am
kugelEater wrote:
Some families have stronger genes than others. I'm not sure exactly how this works, but sometimes you see huge extended families that ALL the kids have a similar look. It's very cool actually! Most (if not all) of my siblings look like my father's side, and my cousins from that side also do, so my siblings and my cousins end up looking like siblings. Genetics are fascinating!

I always find that so fascinating too!
Like cousins and cousins kids having the family ‘look’. Then there are families where the siblings looks nothing a like.

Then looks just pop up out of nowhere.
My niece and my seconds cousins daughter, (so they are third cousins!) share a resemblance to their shared great great grandmother. If I didn’t know them I wouldn’t believe it either. Genetics are really incredible
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics