Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please help me purchase toys for Yom Tov
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:45 am
I have 2 yo and 3 yo boys. We are going to my inlaws for YT who don't really have toys for them and while I might Pesach clean a toy or two, I'd rather bring mostly new toys.

Does anyone have ideas of good toys for that age that will keep them busy for a long time, no batteries and not too many pieces? Thank you

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:57 am
Cars
Magnatiles
Puzzles

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:59 am
amother Bronze wrote:
Cars
Magnatiles
Puzzles

Thanks! We definitely will get some more cars.

What kind of puzzles?

We have Magnatiles already and they're amazing but I'm not in the mood of Pesach cleaning them..

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:59 am
Duplo Lego, Clicks, small cars

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:01 pm
Clics
Duplo

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:02 pm
Thanks, if you were going to get clics or Duplo (we don't have either yet) which one would you rather get?

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:03 pm
Duplo, but you need to buy a substantial amount. At that age my boys were kept busy for hours with it.

lucky14

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, if you were going to get clics or Duplo (we don't have either yet) which one would you rather get?

Duplo.
Get a couple of cute sets with at least 2 vehicles and some people.

What kind of puzzles are your kids able to do? You can go to the dollar store or look on Amazon for puzzles.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:08 pm
Wooden train set.

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:08 pm
Magna tiles & mentchies are the toys that keep my kids busy for hours.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:09 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Duplo, but you need to buy a substantial amount. At that age my boys were kept busy for hours with it.

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:11 pm
lucky14 wrote:
Duplo.
Get a couple of cute sets with at least 2 vehicles and some people.

What kind of puzzles are your kids able to do? You can go to the dollar store or look on Amazon for puzzles.

I have a lot of peg puzzles they like but don't necessarily want more. Those might not be so bad to Pesach clean though not so many pieces to wipe down.

I haven't tried any jigsaw type yet

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:30 pm
a good barn and animal set
A pikler
Stepping stones
Game like chutes and ladders, word on the street, Candy land... Games from HABA..
Large plusplus blocks (small ones are a choking hazard)
Magnetic blocks (different than magna tiles)

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:38 pm
matchbox cars and painters tape. Use the painters tape to make roads, parking lots, and buildings on the floor before yomtov. Then they can play with cars all day. After yomtov, just peel away the painters tape and discard. It leaves no residue and very little to bring with you.

Buy some plastic cutlery (can do 2 diff shape of spoons if you're worried that forks and knives are too sharp) and some small plastic bowls and plates - doesn't need to be fancy at all. Also, heavy plastic cups to make cup towers (SOLO brand which is a little sturdier). You can just throw this away afterwards, so not alot to schlep with you.

Dress up clothes are fun too. Old clothes, black hats, ties, etc - don't have to worry if they get misplaced or ruined if they were on the way to being discarded anyway..

Big blocks (if your kids don't throw stuff) are great for all ages, but they are heavy to schlep.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:41 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
a good barn and animal set
A pikler
Stepping stones
Game like chutes and ladders, word on the street, Candy land... Games from HABA..
Large plusplus blocks (small ones are a choking hazard)
Magnetic blocks (different than magna tiles)

The plusplus blocks seem very interesting!

Barn and animals is a good idea too thank you.

amother
OP

amother Charcoal wrote:
Wooden train set.

Thank you

amother
OP

amother Azalea wrote:
matchbox cars and painters tape. Use the painters tape to make roads, parking lots, and buildings on the floor before yomtov. Then they can play with cars all day. After yomtov, just peel away the painters tape and discard. It leaves no residue and very little to bring with you.

Buy some plastic cutlery (can do 2 diff shape of spoons if you're worried that forks and knives are too sharp) and some small plastic bowls and plates - doesn't need to be fancy at all. Also, heavy plastic cups to make cup towers (SOLO brand which is a little sturdier). You can just throw this away afterwards, so not alot to schlep with you.

Dress up clothes are fun too. Old clothes, black hats, ties, etc - don't have to worry if they get misplaced or ruined if they were on the way to being discarded anyway..

Big blocks (if your kids don't throw stuff) are great for all ages, but they are heavy to schlep.

Solo cups are a great and affordable idea, thank you. They would love that

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes please thank you. Some look really nice.

How long do most things take to come from Temu? I've never ordered from there before.

Usually under 2 weeks
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics