Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Looking for Sunday Hebrew school

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:49 pm
For my 5 yr old. Any recommendations ? There are so many how do I know which one is good? My 5 yr old is in a school with very little Jewish learning and I want him to have awareness. (We are from Boro park but the school he goes to doesn’t offer Jewish learning) preferably something we can start right away.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:52 pm
Lots of chabads do this. I’d recommend looking to the chabad closest to you

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:55 pm
Where I live, friendship circle does this. My friends kid really enjoyed it.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:56 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Where I live, friendship circle does this. My friends kid really enjoyed it.

Which is a chabad organization

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:57 pm
Yes but its geared for kids who are not in a Jewish school for a specific reason vs kids that come from non religious homes at least where I live anyway.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 2:01 pm
Yes I know many chabads to this. But if anyone knows of any that are wonderful in Brooklyn I’d really appreciate the recommendation.
Bh ds is not severely special needs and friendship circle is not the right program for him.

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 2:04 pm
If your planning at any point to change your sons school to one with more Jewish learning, I would find a rebbe to work with him on basic skills so he can be on par with his peers vs a Sunday program.

I have a friend who did this and when she changed her sons school he did very well. I have another friend who did not and he had a much harder time when she wanted to mainstream him.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 8:24 pm
Yes iyh we will definitely be hiring a rebbe for next yr. He’s still kindergarten age so it’s ok for him to not know אב yet. I would love for him to learn about pesach and have some sort of haggadda to bring to the Seder. Purim came and he had no clue what was going on by Megillah and haman. I realized he can really benefit from easy learning about pesach nothing too deep

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes I know many chabads to this. But if anyone knows of any that are wonderful in Brooklyn I’d really appreciate the recommendation.
Bh ds is not severely special needs and friendship circle is not the right program for him.

Friendship Circle in some cities offers a Sunday School option for typically developing frum kids who are not in Jewish schools for whatever reason. Not only for special needs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries