Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
S/o whatsapp etiquette

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:53 pm
What happens when theres someone on whatsapp that doesn't stop nagging you.

I have a few contacts that I have no personal relationship with at all, they just drive me nuts and I'm highly uninterested in engaging with them. I know I'm coming across as a snob, but I literally have no shaychus to these people other than the fact that they have my number saved. Why do I need to answer them every time they message me?

Einikel

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:55 pm
Block them?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:56 pm
Einikel wrote:
Block them?

That's very rude, no? I don't need to answer but I feel like blocking is taking it to the next level

abound

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:56 pm
if u keep ignoring them/archive them...they may stop after awhile.

groovy1224

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:57 pm
What are they contacting you about?

Einikel

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
That's very rude, no? I don't need to answer but I feel like blocking is taking it to the next level

I don't think they would be notified but I'm not sure

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:01 pm
Mute them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:01 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
What are they contacting you about?

Usually to follow their business or join their random groups I have zero interest in.

One contact knows my family. I dont know her well, but she knows my relatives and doesnt stop badgering me and thinks shes my good friend. She usually requests pictures after we had a family simcha. I simply dont feel like sharing family pictures with someone like this. She could've popped into the simcha if she wanted to see what we looked like

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Usually to follow their business or join their random groups I have zero interest in.

One contact knows my family. I dont know her well, but she knows my relatives and doesnt stop badgering me and thinks shes my good friend. She usually requests pictures after we had a family simcha. I simply dont feel like sharing family pictures with someone like this. She could've popped into the simcha if she wanted to see what we looked like

For requests to follow a business or join a group you don't need to answer, the etiquette is generally that it's fine not to respond

I would also not respond to someone who asks for pictures that I'm not comfortable sending.

Not everyone and everything needs a response. Sometimes you can just keep going.

imasinger

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:36 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
Mute them.

This!

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:43 pm
Have you tried telling them?

For the ones asking you to follow their businesses you could very politely ask them to refrain from sending you business or WhatsApp group related messages.

For the lady request requesting pictures tell her you don't share personal pictures either at all or with non family.

One of the nice things about WhatsApp is that it's easier to write these things then to say them face to face. Even better that these seem to be people by that you don't meet often so that makes it altogether less awkward.

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 2:23 pm
Just block them, they aren't told, it just looks like you aren't getting or seeing their messages.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 2:25 pm
Respond “no thanks.”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media