Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Where does your newborn sleep?

Where does your newborn sleep?
Crib/Bassinet  
 75%  [ 101 ]
Carseat/Doona  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Swing/bouncer  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Cosleep  
 20%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 133

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:15 pm
See poll. I know this will get heated so fire away!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:16 pm
Also, I know newborns in carseats is a big no no nowadays but I don't really understand why (besides for it being potentially bad for their neck muscles) so if someone could explain I'd appreciate it. Newborns sleep 1000x better in carseats so I hope there's a compelling reason why they shouldn't. I'm curious to see what people actually do especially if their baby doesn't sleep at all in a bassinet (or not for longer than 1/2 hour at a time)

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:20 pm
I start off trying the crib. Only one of my babies slept in the crib. The others, either in the stroller or car seat. (Not doona).
Pediatrician knew about it.
For my next baby ih, I want to try a doc a tot in the crib.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Also, I know newborns in carseats is a big no no nowadays but I don't really understand why (besides for it being potentially bad for their neck muscles) so if someone could explain I'd appreciate it. Newborns sleep 1000x better in carseats so I hope there's a compelling reason why they shouldn't. I'm curious to see what people actually do especially if their baby doesn't sleep at all in a bassinet (or not for longer than 1/2 hour at a time)

It can be bad for airways Chas Veshalom and babies can suffocate

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:22 pm
In my bed. I feel like they eat all night. lol

Some of my kids started out in a crib and transitioned to my bed when they got up to eat and I was too tired to put them back in the crib.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:23 pm
amother Plum wrote:
In my bed. I feel like they eat all night. lol

Some of my kids started out in a crib and transitioned to my bed when they got up to eat and I was too tired to put them back in the crib.

How do you sleep safely with a newborn? I've dozed off with a newborn on me in middle of the night (sitting up and nursing) and it freaked me out

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:24 pm
Wish he slept in a crib/bassinet but hadn't happened with this baby so he is in my bed. Makes me so nervous and he usually ends up on my shoulder and I wake up with a back ache. My last few babies were in the bassinet but not this one....

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
How do you sleep safely with a newborn? I've dozed off with a newborn on me in middle of the night (sitting up and nursing) and it freaked me out

I lay in my bed with my baby by the side

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:43 pm
amother OP wrote:

That position can be hard for newborns to breathe because of the way it can chv block their airways.
Have you ever heard of the car seat test?
It’s done for really small babies before you leave the hospital, their oxygen has to be monitored while they sit in a car seat because that position can affect their breathign

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:45 pm
amother OP wrote:

That’s the exact reason people choose to cosleep - because it is extremely dangerous to just fall asleep while holding your baby sitting up, possibly close to the edge of the bed with a blanket near by.
For people that choose to sleep with their babies the blanket isn’t on the bed or is all the way at the end not near the baby at all, only one pillow no other extra bedding. Then the baby lays next to you and you curl yourself around then so they can’t move up or down

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 8:15 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
I start off trying the crib. Only one of my babies slept in the crib. The others, either in the stroller or car seat. (Not doona).
Pediatrician knew about it.
For my next baby ih, I want to try a doc a tot in the crib.

That’s a recipe for disaster

https://www.fox4news.com/news/.....s.amp

giftedmom

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 8:21 am
In a bassinet on their stomach

hodeez

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 8:34 am
Crib. The nights where I'm feeding more than not, I just keep baby with me in bed.

Brit in Israel

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 9:24 am
In the crib next to my bed at night
During the day in the bassinet of the stroller. And then the stroller seat when I change over at approx 6 months.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 9:40 am
Tightly swaddled in an approved-for-night bassinet. Right next to my bed.
When she no longer fit, I moved her to a crib.
Never in a car seat, those are for safety in a moving vehicle.
Not in a stroller, doesn't fit in my room.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:21 am
amother Birch wrote:
That’s a recipe for disaster

https://www.fox4news.com/news/.....s.amp

This. Babies aren’t supposed to be good sleepers. Just respond to their needs, feed and comfort them. One day they will sleep when they’re ready.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics