Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Frustrated. Want to go back to work

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:28 pm
I have had a medical challenge recently and have taken off work. Recovering now yet I'm a dilemma and super stressed.
I want to go back to work yet not physically fully healed.
It's really stressful because due to not working I'm out thousands of dollars. It's been a few weeks. Pesach is coming and the medical bills are adding up.
There's no disability pay here and I don't get paid for this time.
So I'm stressed.
I want to go back already and super afraid it'll backfire. I'm not cleared for it yet don't know how we are supposed to just wing it when we really on our checks esp at this time of year.
I have a side job that I had to put on hold + another side job that I had to hire people to do while I can't, so no profit there either.

It's more of a vent because not much anyone here can do.
Frustrated.
Wish I could just focus on healing.

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:33 am
I went through that exactly. Bide your time , reach out to chesed organizations for help . Btdt

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:44 am
I am in exact boat. Wish we can talk.

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:03 am
I'm so sorry, I went through similar. I worked very hard on my bitachon muscle but it wasn't easy at all. Wishing you a refuah shelaima.

bnm

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:12 am
Refuah shalaima.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:43 am
amother Tealblue wrote:
I'm so sorry, I went through similar. I worked very hard on my bitachon muscle but it wasn't easy at all. Wishing you a refuah shelaima.

Thanks.
I'm trying to tell myself that the same way I'm in this position, I'll manage and there will be a silver lining to pull it through. It's definitely challenging though. Last night it 'hit me' that Pesach is so close and it's another stress. Had barely thought about Pesach with what's going on and do need to cover the expense especially help due to what's going on.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:23 am
I'm going through the same....now my boss may want to switch my position and I don't want that.

singleagain

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:43 am
I feel you. I had surgery back in August and was so annoyed they wouldn't let me work remotely while I was healing. Very frustrating.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:48 am
Can relate though somewhat different.
I have HG and have barely managed to work for the past 2 months. They are paying me hourly and I have no clue how we are going to pay the bills. I keep trying to push myself to work, I wish I could just relax. I know the stress isn't helping me.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:58 am
What bothers me a lot is that I feel like I have to choose between allowing myself to recover properly or to go to work and push myself because we need it. I feel there should legally be disability work option in every state so that at least something can come in to allow for that time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics