Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Where do u keep pesach groceries till pesach? Small Apt
Previous  1  2

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:24 pm
I too like to shop now (today and tomorrow) for one it's less crowded then next week and two I need my strength next week for cleaning the downstairs and changing over the kitchen

I store in tupperwares or boxes covered with sheets or towels in the corner of the dining room.

After next shabbos will do dining room and cover table and then move box's to the dining table....until kitchen is done on Thursday iyh

That's the plan
B'eszras Hashem

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 3:24 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
I used to worry that the grocery stores would run out of food , I don’t know why I thought that. .

Consider yourself blessed. My supermarket does in fact run out of things. Many things. With each passing year they seem to stock less and less food and more and more disposable dishes , and they have even run out of matzah by chol hamoed.

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 3:43 pm
seeker wrote:
A lot of it just lived in the trunk of my car.

I’ve heard of this for the unperishable items.

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 3:45 pm
And for those of us that live OOT, many of our stores have one Pesach order and whatever they run out of, that's it, they're not restocking. I did one major shopping the day after Purim, and another one last Thursday

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 3:49 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
I’ve heard of this for the unperishable items.

If you store things in your trunk, where do you put your regular groceries when you go shopping?

Brit in Israel

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 3:51 pm
I was going to wait until nearer Pesach to shop instead of doing an order which means having it arrive this week, but when I checked most of the items prices I would be saving sooo much if I do the order so Its going to be in tall boxes once again in the bedroom.
I did do some sorting last week and managed to empty a 40L storage box on top of the cupboards but I have already filled it with disposables and other items I got last week on a mega sale.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:02 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
If you store things in your trunk, where do you put your regular groceries when you go shopping?

Back seat. Or have extra big orders delivered when possible.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:24 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
Back seat. Or have extra big orders delivered when possible.

I need my seats for carpool, and my trunk for my regular grocery shopping. I can’t imagine having stuff taking up space in my house. I guess that’s why don’t shop until after I turn over :-)

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:31 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I need my seats for carpool, and my trunk for my regular grocery shopping. I can’t imagine having stuff taking up space in my house. I guess that’s why don’t shop until after I turn over :-)

Ah. I empty the back seats before driving carpool. Sometimes the amount I have fits in the front seat including the foot well, and carpool has no kid there.

I used to wait to shop until I turned over. But there's mutiny by me if I turn over too early, so by the time I shop, a lot of what I need is gone.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:39 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
Ah. I empty the back seats before driving carpool. Sometimes the amount I have fits in the front seat including the foot well, and carpool has no kid there.

I used to wait to shop until I turned over. But there's mutiny by me if I turn over too early, so by the time I shop, a lot of what I need is gone.

Got it. I live in my car basically, and I need every seat. lol Baka is to the people who are able to think ahead, and shop now (and probably save money!)

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:47 pm
We clean thoroughly then we shop then we turn over.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics