Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Dalia Oziel Giveaway
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Plonis bas Plonis

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:10 pm
amother Teal wrote:
I don’t think it was the best judgment for the other influencer to enter the raffle to begin with, but technically she is allowed to and didn’t do anything wrong. Her winning was completely random out of thousands of people, so clearly it was meant to be

I don’t understand that people are upset over it, once you didn’t win it doesn’t really matter who else got it. Would you genuinely feel better if it wasn’t an influencer but someone else? No, you’d still be upset it wasn’t you. So people are just looking for something to take out their disappointment on

As with any raffle, all types of people win. IME it’s usually the ones who don’t need it who win, honestly. Doesn’t really matter because they had a right to enter same as everyone else, and it was up to Hashem who won

I think it’s extra ridiculous because nobody even had to pay to enter

This!
It’s free to enter the giveaway.
It’s called a giveaway for a reason.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:11 pm
Sore losers plain and simple

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:14 pm
ppl need to realize that her winning did not take anything from you. If you were meant to get it Hashem would make sure you get it!! And what she does after she wins the giveaway is her business. Idk if it was so right for her to enter but once she won it’s no one’s business

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:14 pm
Why is everyone talking in riddles lol
What happened?
Assuming it's public if on stories?

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:17 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
Why is everyone talking in riddles lol
What happened?
Assuming it's public if on stories?

Dalia had a giveaway for double valco Stroller from pish posh and the winner was barriana. Dalia got some messages along the lines of she shouldn't have been allowed to enter because she can get free stuff from companies all the time.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:26 pm
Sometimes I feel like I’m alone in this. But I think frum influencers have to go. It’s doing no positive on anyone. It’s causing jealousy, living above means, time wasting and so many other problems

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:32 pm
The drama is on Dalia oziel’s stories for anyone who wants to get clued in.

It’s a very cringey situation. I usually enter giveaways that are easy to enter like this one was but didn’t enter this one because I don’t have any use for a double carriage. I would assume most people thought that way and I was happy for people who can use a double carriage that the likelihood of them winning was higher than by other giveaways because much fewer people entered. So I do get why people are upset that Bari who doesn’t need a double carriage won.

It should not have been made a public discussion. Especially not today when the focus should be on the vaad l’inyanei igun event for rabbanim. We should be celebrating rabbanim getting involved to prevent igun and solve it when it happens, not embarrassing a woman in the public eye.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:41 pm
This whole thing was so awkward honestly. Bari didn’t even mean to enter she was tagging her relative to show her the giveaway. It’s awkward that she won bc it reinforces the whole Instagram “clic”. And it’s def awkward that people told Dalia she doesn’t deserve to win?! And then it put bari in an awkward situation and she ended up crying and sharing her fertility struggles I guess out of embarrassment.

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:47 pm
People were upset because dalia said you can only enter if you have 2 kids and she doesn’t

Imateacher

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:48 pm
My mom won a wig from an instagram giveaway and gave it to me bc she doesn’t cover her hair. Should she have not won bc she gave it away?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:49 pm
amother Wallflower wrote:
People were upset because dalia said you can only enter if you have 2 kids and she doesn’t

I think Dalia was saying to be sensitive and not tag people with less than 2 kids. This is different she entered on her own

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:52 pm
Didn't she redo the drawing after Bari asked her to?
In any case, I'm appalled by those people that send nasty comments. Such bitter, jealous, immature people.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:54 pm
I don’t follow barianna but I think she won fair and square. As others have said, even rich people are allowed to win free stuff. Honestly, anyone upset with this can take a lesson in לא תחמד

I’m actually most irritated that this was posted as a discussion. Dalia, while a very nice person, is a big people pleaser and feels the need to give the masses answers that they don’t have the right to demand. She should have just declared barianna the winner, NOT repeated the comments to barianna, not posted about it on her stories and let barianna make a public statement on her own, should she wish to.

I honestly don’t understand why she repeated it to barianna. Of course barianna would feel compelled to give it up. I would too! And to repost about her fertility struggles? She should never have been forced to say it just to make a few sore losers happy

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:57 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
I don’t follow barianna but I think she won fair and square. As others have said, even rich people are allowed to win free stuff. Honestly, anyone upset with this can take a lesson in לא תחמד

I’m actually most irritated that this was posted as a discussion. Dalia, while a very nice person, is a big people pleaser and feels the need to give the masses answers that they don’t have the right to demand. She should have just declared barianna the winner, NOT repeated the comments to barianna, not posted about it on her stories and let barianna make a public statement on her own, should she wish to.

I honestly don’t understand why she repeated it to barianna. Of course barianna would feel compelled to give it up. I would too! And to repost about her fertility struggles? She should never have been forced to say it just to make a few sore losers happy

I do think that she did the right thing by posting the mean comments. Those bully's deserve it. She's allowed to show everyone that she's standing up to bullies and isn't taking the nastiness sitting down. Maybe this will make people think twice before messaging others.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:58 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
Sometimes I feel like I’m alone in this. But I think frum influencers have to go. It’s doing no positive on anyone. It’s causing jealousy, living above means, time wasting and so many other problems

So don’t follow them if you don’t like that you see. No one is forcing you to look at their advertisements.

watergirl

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:59 pm
I hear the frustration. There are already a few perceptions in the frum IG world (I have no real opinion here, just saying what I’ve heard).

1) there is a clique among the women IGers (I don’t see the issue here) and they send each other things to promote (also I don’t see the issue).

2) There’s a perception that Instagram contests are very rigged and not random at all, if they even ever happen (they often don’t). I tend to think this happens some of the time to be honest. I think there are mostly honest people but not everyone is.

I don’t enter any raffles unless the rules and how a winner is chosen are stated and the drawing is live. If it’s “leave a comment and one will be chosen”, I don’t enter those.

With these two perceptions and more, I can see how one would think other famous IGers should not be entering other’s contests.

When my kid’s camp has a raffle, staff can enter but under a made up name. This is so it does not appear as if a staff member had an unfair advantage even if it’s not true.

IGers don’t work for each other in the classical sense but they do collab often. In this way, they are work colleagues or even almost coworkers in some projects. It seems to me to be inappropriate for the women in this perceived clique to enter each other’s contests.

At the end of the day this is more IG drama and another reason why I don’t love the app.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:06 pm

Yes she does.

Imateacher

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:07 pm

I think she does have two kids

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:19 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
Dalia had a giveaway for double valco Stroller from pish posh and the winner was barriana. Dalia got some messages along the lines of she shouldn't have been allowed to enter because she can get free stuff from companies all the time.

Thanks for the recap. But since I’m not on ig- mind filling in who Dalia and who Barriana are? I’m intrigued by the story and now the yenta in me wants to understand the issue at hand… lol LOL

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:20 pm
amother Maple wrote:
A couple of years ago there was a school raffle for a trip to ey. The drawing was held in front of everyone and the principal won. He promptly had another name pulled. It was a big kiddush hashem. It’s not about being right it’s the bigger picture.

So why’d he enter?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media