Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Short, fat and nursing, and need clothes

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 12:30 pm
I had a baby 7 months ago and somehow I weigh more now than I did in my 9th month.

Been hibernating all winter and need to show my face outside now. Absolutely nothing looks good on me.

I'm 5-1. Huge hips and thighs. No idea how to dress.

Any ideas and links welcome. For home, for going out, for Yom tov and shabbat. Nursing friendly.

tulip3

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 12:31 pm
High waisted a- line style will look good on you now.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 12:42 pm
Just want to say, me too. Dresses are in now, but they're so hard to nurse in. You have to go into a private room and hike the whole thing up. Worth it if you get a great piece for a great price, they can look stunning and hide the fat.

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 3:22 am
I find dresses are so much more flattering than tops and skirts... and same boat! I actually find it's better to buy less for YT and spend more on taking a dress I like to the tailor and having the tailor put in invisible zippers on the sides to make the dress nursing friendly. Japparelny.com has some dresses in plus size. I got the Karen dress and it hangs loose (very staticy so you have to really spray it well with static guard or it will show all the curves!) and added side zippers. The cost does add up but then you at least have something you'll feel pretty in. Japparel has some other things too and some of their non plus size items are looser fitting as well! I've had hatzlacha before also with themimiboutique.com
Fameoncentral.com and Junees.com also have some things in plus size that might work as well. There's a plus store in Lakewood I've heard of called sorority but they don't have a website and I live out of town... not sure if that could help you but I'd imagine they'd have some nursing friendly things.
High waisted might not be so flattering in the chest area as with nursing that might not work so well... I try for non waisted dresses.
Daniella Faye items can also work and are listed on some different websites... I've gotten robes from her line before... I think from pinkorchidfashion.com and she will even add nursing zippers for you and ship it out (I think she even takes returns once the zippers are in if it doesn't fit)

Another website you can try is pashmina-collection.com they have some nursing friendly things.

Japparel also just opened a plus store called Oasis in the 5 towns I think but again I live out of town
Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics