Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What do you need for leil haseder

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 10:06 am
please help!! first time making pesach. bH my house is already pretty clean/organized but I didn't do anything for pesach yet. can anyone lead me in the right direction?

what do I need for leil haseder? what do I need to buy in terms of the pesach stickers, seder plate, pillows, etc.?

Elfrida

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 11:46 am
Stickers are entirely optional, and not recommended for use during the Seder.

You need a Seder plate. You can spend whatever you want, from a cheap disposable one up to super expensive silver. I have a beautiful one that cost around 100 ₪. If you have more than one family at the Seder, you might want to give the head of each family.

Bowl for salt water (for dipping).

You need a matza cover. Again, there's a huge price range, and you can spend as much as you want.

An afikomen bag. You can also wrap it in a napkin if you prefer.

Pillows or cushions for adult males and any women or children who want to join in. Ask your husband what he wants.

Wine glasses recommended. Decanters optional. Corkscrew! Something to go beneath the wine glasses for the spilt wine (intentional and accidental). Check with your husband what shiur he wants. An extra Kos Shel Eliyahu.

One of those mats that help to measure the shiurim of matza and maror. Some people sort individual portions in advance, while others like to do it at the Seder.

Plentiful hand towels for the multiple times we wash during the Seder.

Enough hagaddahs for everyone, if you don't have. Some pictorial ones for children.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 6:25 am
THANK YOU!! What a chesed to write this all out. You should be gebenched!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics