Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Crockpot dinner ideas

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 10:09 am
So gonna be all pesach and all I have is a crockpot. Hit me up with your best easy crockpot dinner ideas that will tide us over until pesach!
Thanks

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 10:26 am
What foods do you/don't you eat on Pesach?

imanotmommy

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 10:30 am
chicken and potatoes: put the potatoes in first. If you use dark chicken, you shouldn't need to add any liquid. If you use chicken breast then it's more likely to dry out. Put on whatever you want, our favorite is duck sauce and spices. works with rice also, but then you need to add water.
make meatballs as usual. I've had issues with it sometimes, but I think it was my recipe, not the fact that I used a crockpot.
I once made "meatloaf" when I was in a rush...just stuck in a chunk of ground meat. It tasting fine but was floating in grease-might depend on how lean the meat is! Much better is if you can brown the meat first, and add sliced potatoes and sliced onions, but only if your crockpot is capable of browning meat.
Soups. I recommend chicken soup being kept on High so there's no chance of it spoiling.
Note that it's best to cook these for 6-10 hours. cooking for too long often gives you a burnt or cholenty tastes regardless of ingredients

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 10:30 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
What foods do you/don't you eat on Pesach?

Looking for foods for now, super busy time, would love to put up quick crockpot dinners in the morning and not have to think about it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics