Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Someone please advise

chlady

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:30 am
I'll probably try to ask a Rav tomorrow, but meanwhile I don't know what to do. I'm writing late on Motzei Shabbos and tomorrow night is bedikas Chometz...and I may have traifed up my fleishig stainless steel sink, a large stainless steel pot, an enamel pot and my fleishig sink liner. I am exhausted from Pesach preparations, etc. and did something stupid. I was not able to find any saved Pesach dish detergent from last year. I took an unopened bottle of Dawn from under the sink (purchased for unclogging toilets -- not for dishes). I put hot water into my dirty fleishig pot that was set into the larger pot I use for a dishpan and added some Dawn. Then I got out the Blumenkrantz to look it up . Dawn is only kosher l'pesach if it has an OU. The bottle I used does not have an OU. Maybe it's not kosher at all. I dumped out the soapy contents of the pot and in the process may have contaminated the larger pot, the plastic sink liner and the sink itself. It is already late motzei Shabbos. Bedikas Chometz is tomorrow night. What do I do now? I have no way to clean the mess. There isn't time to wait 24 hours, etc. and then kasher these things. Besides, on Pesach I don't have the use of my regular stove. I use a small electric two burner thing.

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:36 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....57218
It probably has an ou check 5his thread for images

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:37 am
I PMd .you a rovs number in a different timezone

chlady

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 3:23 am
Thank you to everyone. I am grateful to receive so many replies. B"H, I found the tiny OU just under the D in Dawn. It's a tremendous relief.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 3:28 am
In general, Rav Blumenkrantz is much more nachmur than nearly anyone else. Many hold that such solutions don't need a hechsher.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics