Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Mice

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:12 am
Seems like a mouse is my pesach guest!

I’m so sad! I keep seeing it on the camera, and put out traps but so far didn’t catch it yet.

I had an exterminator a few weeks ago when I saw one, and thought it was over!

It’s ruining my peace of mind! Not to mention my pesach!

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:16 am
Mice are like ants, there’s never just one

We put out mouse snap traps, with peanut butter on it as bait. Did this for about a week until we caught all the mice (9 in total). Then we worked to find and fill any entry points from outside

BH no nice since then

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 2:38 am
I know the feeling, they are my guests also
We have put down every type of trap and caught nothing. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
I see her peak out of my kitchen cabinets.
My husband is so discusted that he said we are getting a cat.
Most of my family are very excited.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 2:39 am
We have put down every type of trap and caught nothing. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

ddmom

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 7:12 am
amother Navy wrote:
Mice are like ants, there’s never just one

We put out mouse snap traps, with peanut butter on it as bait. Did this for about a week until we caught all the mice (9 in total). Then we worked to find and fill any entry points from outside

BH no nice since then

How do you get rid of ants? My house is infested! Sad

patzer

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 7:16 am
amother Impatiens wrote:

A cat is a big commitment.
Also: keep in mind that after catching a mouse, some cats will enjoy presenting their owner with it as a gift.
And it may not be fully dead yet.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 7:19 am
ddmom wrote:

They sell liquid bait in little plastic holders. We place them in a few corners (must be out of reach of children). At first you’ll see more ants because they come to the bait , and bring it back to their ant farm. Eventually they all die out from eating the poison. It works really well for us , every Spring.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 9:04 am
"sad" seems like a strange reaction to having mice. I experience a whole spectrum of emotions including annoyed, horrified, aggravated,disgusted, repulsed, frustrated, freaked out, grossed out, violated, and more, but sad isn't one of them. Are you really sad, or are you of them he opinion that it's unbecoming to express more energetic feelings?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 10:26 am
ddmom wrote:

DH makes a bowl of ant bait that’s mostly dish soap, water and sugar. I can get the exact recipe. After a few days and hundreds of ants in the bowl, our ant problem is solved. We do it once a year and it literally only takes 3 days max to get rid of them

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 10:31 am
Are you making sure to clean up spotlessly? No food in basement at all and put everything as high up as you can (no boxes of apples on the floor). I am really sorry for you, mice are a true nightmare:

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:59 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
"sad" seems like a strange reaction to having mice. I experience a whole spectrum of emotions including annoyed, horrified, aggravated,disgusted, repulsed, frustrated, freaked out, grossed out, violated, and more, but sad isn't one of them. Are you really sad, or are you of them he opinion that it's unbecoming to express more energetic feelings?

Yes I’m sad and despondent!

As in I cleaned up my whole house for pesach! And it’s supposed to be that one time of year that everything is clean and in control!

And this is making me lose control!

I ordered a rat zapper which I used once in a different location and it worked great!

I hope it’ll help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics