Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Ur HONEST answer to ‘how was yuntif’
1  2  3  4  Next

Do you love Pesach?
Yes  
 63%  [ 141 ]
No  
 36%  [ 82 ]
Total Votes : 223

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:23 pm
Once chag ends obviously the first thing everyone asks is ‘how was yuntif’? Is it just me or do we answer that question 10x a day for like a week? To people we’re close with and people we aren’t? Anyway I was thinking how funny it would be if people actually answered honestly and openly lol, no matter who asked. How many awkward moments would that create! I could just imagine the responses. ‘Awful, my mil drove me crazy’ ‘irritating, my sister in law doesn’t know how to cook and no one ate’ ‘Terrible because my shalom bayis suffers when we’re all home together for so long’ ‘I hate the lack of structure’ etc. I’m actually really interested to hear truthful and uncensored answers. So let’s do it!!! My honest answer: BH it was actually really nice, grateful for the quality family time, but it was kind of annoying at times and I feel pretty burnt out and grateful it’s over! I like my normal life. I know I’m not allowed to say that irl so I’ll do it here Smile your turn, whose next?

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:24 pm
Too short

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:25 pm
Too long

hodeez

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:27 pm
It was lovely and I enjoyed spending time with my husband and kids. Last few hours dragged on quite a bit though. I think it was the best pesach I ever had bh

amother
Crystal

it was long. and exhausting.

amother
Dodgerblue

Do I love pesach? Yes

How was yuntif? Well, it was hard. My son has behavioral issues which made it really hard. But anyone that asked me how yom tov was, I answered it was beautiful. It was beautiful, I just wish I would have been able to enjoy it fully.

amother
Mayflower

Just right! Very Happy

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:28 pm
Nice overall but lonely at times. My siblings don’t like to be with us , so my kids miss having cousins around .

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:30 pm
Not easy. We just kept rubbing each other the wrong way

Tao

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:33 pm
So nice to eat out for so many meals (davened to be invited out and Hashem in His mercy answered yes)
Beautiful sedarim.
Actual YT not so stressful. Was stressful before (no pesach kitchen and we live in an apartment) and takes a few days to get back to normal after.
My youngest super kvetchy cuz he had had enough of matzah by Day 3 and was kvetching for chametz cereal and his not-cleaned-for-Pesach toys for days.
Also I think my entire family has been cured of potatoes and eggs for the next 2 months solid.
So pretty good overall!

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:38 pm
super beautiful!! I'm the mom and mil that hosted you all! was truly amazing, but I'm glad it's over!!

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:21 pm
I always have a pep in my step when I go back to worn after pesach. It’s my least favorite holiday. I don’t like anything about it. (And I say this as someone who BH goes away which is the only good part) when asked how it was I usually say ‘over, thank Gf’ and look forward to the next holiday, my favorite, Shavuous

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:25 pm
I feel like I live two lives in one.

Because on the one hand, Yom Tov was truly beautiful. We all got along very well, I was present with my family, I was feeling physically healthy after being sick the weeks leading up to Pesach, we hosted guests and gave back to our community, BH BH!

And on the other hand, in my inner world, the first half of Yom Tov I was feeling really good, at peace, and empowered, but by the second half I had a lot of childhood trauma come up that I had to spend a lot of time processing and it was very painful.

I do see it as a big blessing that I’m able to experience the pain without it taking away from the joy. I really resonated with that message of Pesach, how we taste the bitter with the sweet.

tichellady

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:27 pm
Nice and I’m excited for my kids to go back to school. I think pesach is such a crazy holiday and can’t wrap my head around how much work it is

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:54 pm
I gave birth shortly before pesach and got to spend first days alone with my baby in hospital (hubby had to be home to take care of kids). Older kids had to bring in pesach. Definitely an interesting way to spend yom tov!

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:05 am
Hectic noisy busy messes non stop food

octopus

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:21 am
I loved every second of it! It might be hard getting to pesach but once we are there it's my favorite Yom tov. Yes, I make my own yuntif. I keep on crying with my kids , I don't want to go back to school/work . Was such a a nice structured time off.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:22 am
It was actually amazing. Before yontif I was having a really hard time adjusting to having 2 kids. Baby is 3 months old. Over yontif I had so much help with the older one, really got to bond with the baby and I realized all I need is a little help and I’m good! Felt like the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:22 am
I think your poll should include, did you go away or make yom tov yourself

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:23 am
amother Leaf wrote:
I gave birth shortly before pesach and got to spend first days alone with my baby in hospital (hubby had to be home to take care of kids). Older kids had to bring in pesach. Definitely an interesting way to spend yom tov!

Mazel Tov!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics