Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Is he being under paid ?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 7:54 pm
My husband works really hard at his job and gets paid only $25 an hour. Before taxes.

He doesn't have any degree, only some training for the specific job. The job is strenuous, takes skill and patience. Technically anyone do the job but I'd say he is good at what he does and his boss wouldn't necessarily be happy with just anyone. (I may be biased)
I feel my husband is being under paid...but I don't know what the going rate is.
What I DO know is that I get paid $30 an hour, no degree as well, doing a job that is easier and demands way less skill and patience.

(My husband feels if he asks for more than his boss might just replace him with someone who is happy to work for $25)

cupcake123

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:00 pm
Can you specify what his job is ? It's hard to know without you telling us

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:08 pm
$25 an hour is very little pay. High school graduates with no experience, are getting paid $25 an hour.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:10 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
$25 an hour is very little pay. High school graduates with no experience, are getting paid $25 an hour.

What type of job?
And what are they getting paid?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:12 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
Can you specify what his job is ? It's hard to know without you telling us

I'd rather stay vague
It's harder then being a cashier or being a shadow. He works hard and long hours and comes home exhausted. I think he deserves more.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:13 pm
I have no idea what your husband does but just to give u some perspective I pay my babysitter $22 /hour and my cleaning lady who doesnt speak a word of english $20/hr.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'd rather stay vague
It's harder then being a cashier or being a shadow. He works hard and long hours and comes home exhausted. I think he deserves more.

Its not about deserving its about the job market demand etc. either way sounds like its not enough to support a frum family. Also sounds like a dead end job with no potential for increase if hes afraid he can easily be replaced. There are other jobs that pay more that don’t require a lot of skill etc he may not like it as much as current job but those are the tough choices we make for our families

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:22 pm
It also depends where you live.. I have a family member who is doing a skilled job that does not require schooling- think executive assistant type but works hard and needs skill, making 25-30$/hr. I live in Lakewood area, and think she would definitely be making more here.

eta- a place with a lot of demand and a lot of jobs will pay more...

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:23 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Its not about deserving its about the job market demand etc. either way sounds like its not enough to support a frum family. Also sounds like a dead end job with no potential for increase if hes afraid he can easily be replaced. There are other jobs that pay more that don’t require a lot of skill etc he may not like it as much as current job but those are the tough choices we make for our families

It is EXTREMELY hard to find a job for a man in lakewood. Especially a man with no degree or work experience. Jobs are all for women.
He is very responsible and has a heart of gold but he isn't capable of getting a degree, passing courses etc
What jobs are you talking of which pay more that don't require lots of skill?

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
It is EXTREMELY hard to find a job for a man in lakewood. Especially a man with no degree or work experience. Jobs are all for women.
He is very responsible and has a heart of gold but he isn't capable of getting a degree, passing courses etc

How much is it salary wise ?

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:32 pm
amother OP wrote:

I hear you its not easy, maybe start a new post for ideas of jobs to explore. I was thinking that even if salary starts low he should find a field where there is growth once he has some experience. So for example he can work in the food industry he would probably start low but build his way up to managerial position. There is an organization that helps career plan not sure what its called. It would be helpful if we knew what he does now because it sounds like he is good at it and we could build off of that. I get it if you dont want to share here but there must be someone irl that may help guide u

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:35 pm
Also just to add is it 25/hour cash? With benefits? Those things also make a difference I hadn’t considered in my previous posts

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
What type of job?
And what are they getting paid?

Regular starting secretary jobs, straight out of high school, no experience. The going pay now is $1000 a week, that's $25 an hour.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:47 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Also just to add is it 25/hour cash? With benefits? Those things also make a difference I hadn’t considered in my previous posts

On the books, so $25 pre tax. No benefits other than he makes his own hours which is really really nice.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:50 pm
My husb made $25 an hour as a warehouse manager for a bakery. On his feet all day, crazy hours, no benefits. He’s a big guy so they were happy he could carry heavy stuff etc and he also had a drive a forklift. This was a few years ago. Really depends on the field. Some positions unfortunately don’t have much potential of growth. How many years is he on the job, years of experience in general, age?

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:08 pm
He should ask for a raise. If they fire him he can get a new job in another office for the same or more. We pay 25 starting salary to 19 yr olds in my office

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:15 pm
amother OP wrote:

What skills does he have? Could he do real estate management- not sure exactly what it's called- where they travel and go to properties for owners...
Is he okay with computers and could do something like drafting on autocad? He would have to learn somewhat but could be trained?
Is he could with his hands and could work under a contractor or something like that?

Tell us more about what he's good at and maybe we can help you brainstorm

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:44 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
Regular starting secretary jobs, straight out of high school, no experience. The going pay now is $1000 a week, that's $25 an hour.

How much is that a year?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:45 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
What skills does he have? Could he do real estate management- not sure exactly what it's called- where they travel and go to properties for owners...
Is he okay with computers and could do something like drafting on autocad? He would have to learn somewhat but could be trained?
Is he could with his hands and could work under a contractor or something like that?

Tell us more about what he's good at and maybe we can help you brainstorm

He is hard working, reliable and responsible...
not good with computers, numbers, physical labor, not a manager or hustler personality...
I wish he could even get paid $30...

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
He is hard working, reliable and responsible...
not good with computers, numbers, physical labor, not a manager or hustler personality...
I wish he could even get paid $30...

What about sales?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries