Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Slugs help please

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 3:04 pm
Slugs have been climbing into my daughters room on the middle floor, anyone advise how to rid them?

I didn't even know slugs come in on such a high level. I always thought ground floor only

mummiedearest

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 3:15 pm
Salt should take care of it

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 3:22 pm
Thanks. They're on the wall, half way up, and we don't know where they're coming in from. Open window?

We don't know where to put the salt

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 3:29 pm
Exterminator?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 3:31 pm
It's only one or two slugs once every two or so weeks

rrlavona

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:54 pm
We just made Aliyah and had this problem.

I took salt and put it all around on the edges of the doors and windows outside so that the slugs wouldnt get past. It works Flower

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 3:18 am
We don't know where its coming from so we don't know where to put salt. How can we track its entrance point?

rrlavona

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 3:23 am
amother OP wrote:
We don't know where its coming from so we don't know where to put salt. How can we track its entrance point?

I also didn't know, so I literally put it at the bottom of every entrance point: the steps, the bottom of the doors and the window sills. The salt goes clear and they literally won't want to go near it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 10:50 am
rrlavona wrote:
I also didn't know, so I literally put it at the bottom of every entrance point: the steps, the bottom of the doors and the window sills. The salt goes clear and they literally won't want to go near it.

OK great. Thanks! It's right near my daughter's bed so feels funny pouring salt their but we will. Hope it works. Will update here. Hope we can hoover up the salt after a few weeks

I would like really to track its entranceway and block it with filler. Maybe we'll catch it crawling out one day
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry