Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Trash can in the bedroom?
1  2  Next

Do you have a trashcan in your bedroom?
Yes, with a lid  
 10%  [ 20 ]
Yes, without a lid  
 54%  [ 102 ]
No, I don't have trash there  
 12%  [ 24 ]
No, I bring trash out to a different room  
 21%  [ 40 ]
Other, will explain in comments  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 188

jeg

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:11 pm
Do you have a trash can in your bedroom? If so, what does it look like? I never know where to put my tissues, but I don't like the idea of a trashcan so close to my bed.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:12 pm
My husband has a shopping bag hanging on his silent butler. Other than that, nothing. I throw out tissues I use every morning. Not a big deal in my opinion.

Goldengoose

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:23 pm
I don't have one in my room because I have one in my bathroom. my kids all have a small trashcan in their room for tissues and papers or whatnot.
it's not smelly or gross. if you want one, I can't see a reason not to have one.

amother
Opal

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:30 pm
Goldengoose wrote:
I don't have one in my room because I have one in my bathroom. my kids all have a small trashcan in their room for tissues and papers or whatnot.
it's not smelly or gross. if you want one, I can't see a reason not to have one.

Same here.
Most don't have a lid, if I had to pick I would prefer with a lid.
Extremely necessary in my kids room. I empty one a week or more often.

Comptroller

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:57 pm
I have a trashcan without a lid in my bedroom, but I use it only for paper things, mainly discarded handkerchiefs/tissues. Anything that is really dirty or could attract flies goes into the main trash.

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 1:54 pm
We have in the bedrooms, but basically for tissues & papers. No food or real dirty garbage in the bedrooms.

patzer

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:00 pm
Goldengoose wrote:

I don't have one in my bathroom. There's not a lot of extra room there, and it would very much get in the way. My bedroom is more spacious and it's not hard to find a corner for the garbage can.

Brit in Israel

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:05 pm
I have one in each room. They had lids but broke besides for the kids room.
I have it in the corner behind the door.

Like others said it's for tissues tickets of clothes and other random things. Anything more than that goes out to the main garbage

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:07 pm
No trash can. I make the extra 15 steps in the morning to throw out my tissues Banging head

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:08 pm
I have a trash can in my master bathroom

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:13 pm
I don’t have a can in my bedroom because I have one in my master bath and nothing is done in the bedroom which wouid items to be tossed and it would be just as easy to toss in the can in the master bath anyway. 🤷‍♀️

I used to have a can when I had a vanity for grooming in the master bath and so it would be used for q tips and other items like that. Nothing that was anything but relatively clean paper type of items like pads used for toner.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:14 pm
Nope but guess who takes both of our used tissues away in the morning? LOL

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:15 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Nope but guess who takes both of our used tissues away in the morning? LOL

Has to? You can tell him to throw his own stuff out. And if he doesn’t just leave it on his bed.

AlwaysCleaning

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:20 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
Has to? You can tell him to throw his own stuff out. And if he doesn’t just leave it on his bed.

Or maybe HE takes HER tissues in the morning lol

rainbow dash

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:42 pm
I have one by my side of the bed with a lid and dh has one without a lid cause with a lid the garbage doesn't make it in. I also have bins in all rooms of my house except for the lounge, dining room and entrance

mha3484

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:44 pm
Yes. One of the better purchases I made. I also have the computer in there that DH works off of so the water bottles, coffee cups, snacks that get eaten have a place to be thrown out. Its a nice stainless steel one with a lid and its next to the desk.

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 4:57 pm
We have a slim plastic number that sits in a corner near the door, not near the beds. It's always lined with a plastic bag. I happen to like empty wastebaskets so I usually put my trash in the kitchen trash can anyway. Dh uses it to empty his shaver, yuck, and clip his nails, yuckier. I empty it any time I see there's stuff in it. We could really do without it; I use it mainly for loose threads that would otherwise land on the floor. We don't bring food or beverages into our bedroom so there's no need for a lidded wastebasket, and clothing hangtags and receipts go in paper recycling in another place.

Raisin

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 5:12 pm
I have one without a lid. Nothing too gross goes in there. Its tissues, floss sticks, empty tights packets...stuff like that

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 5:25 pm
We all have small garbage cans in our bedrooms (no lids). What else would I do every time I blow my nose and have a tissue?
We all know no food products or anything that attracts bugs can be thrown out in the bedroom garbage. That has to go downstairs to the kitchen garbage.

Busybee5

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 6:15 pm
We have a master bathroom with a trash can in, so we only use that one.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics