Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Meoros in Lakewood(day camp)

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:22 pm
Hi,

Looking for information on Camp Meoros. It seems like the only place that has any space at all. Any reason it less popular?
Last year we skipped camp but the years before we were in Dollhouse and my daughter lived it up there...
Please advise whatever you can

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:24 pm
You might want to post location. And if this is the Lakewood area more will see and respond if it’s under the Lakewood forum.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:33 pm
amother Brown wrote:
You might want to post location. And if this is the Lakewood area more will see and respond if it’s under the Lakewood forum.

It is in Lakewood. I'm not sure how to add location. Do I need a new post?

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
It is in Lakewood. I'm not sure how to add location. Do I need a new post?

Edit the title and add the word Lakewood.
You click the square with the pencil looking thing in the top corner of your first post.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:19 pm
My girls go there and love it. The camp is full for some age groups but I guess they happen to have a slot in the age group you need.

More simple than dollhouse. More old fashioned. It reminds me of the daycamp I went to as a kid. My girls don’t need the added frills and im happy they don’t.

It has a more yeshivish crowd. Lots of bnos melech families send there. But my girls wore knee socks all summer without issue and there was a good representation of other schools. I don’t send to bnos melech and they fit in well.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:56 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
My girls go there and love it. The camp is full for some age groups but I guess they happen to have a slot in the age group you need.

More simple than dollhouse. More old fashioned. It reminds me of the daycamp I went to as a kid. My girls don’t need the added frills and im happy they don’t.

It has a more yeshivish crowd. Lots of bnos melech families send there. But my girls wore knee socks all summer without issue and there was a good representation of other schools. I don’t send to bnos melech and they fit in well.

I'm happy about the frum part. As far as simple can you give examples?
these day camps cost so much, and our weekends are pretty boring, I want my daughter to enjoy herself...
So basically Frum enviroment, not shticky but fun....

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 4:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm happy about the frum part. As far as simple can you give examples?
these day camps cost so much, and our weekends are pretty boring, I want my daughter to enjoy herself...
So basically Frum enviroment, not shticky but fun....
Right they don’t have the shtick. No ice cream or slush machines. Less of the tchotchkes. My girls were not at all bored. But it has a reputation in some circles of being nebby (I hate that word)

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 4:07 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
Right they don’t have the shtick. No ice cream or slush machines. Less of the tchotchkes. My girls were not at all bored. But it has a reputation in some circles of being nebby (I hate that word)

But do they hire spunky head counselours who dress up with the colorful tutu and whatever else?
Are there any other camps with a fine enviroment that offer lots of fun?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 4:19 pm
Meoros is more yeshivish and low key. Coming from dollhouse your girls might complain.
Try meira, ahava, azamrah, neranina or ruach lebanos
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps