Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I can’t cover my hair
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:32 pm
My only option is to wear a wig (I am not wearing a scarf or snood every day)
I get migraines every single day from it
I tried wig grips caps everything
I’m going to cry from pain
Anyone have this too?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:33 pm
Have you identify where exactly the pain is?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
My only option is to wear a wig (I am not wearing a scarf or snood every day)
I get migraines every single day from it
I tried wig grips caps everything
I’m going to cry from pain
Anyone have this too?

My dini wig is very lightweight. No grips
I get headaches from other brands

t12345678

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:36 pm
I also have a super sensitive head. If anything is a drop too tight I get an awful migraine. Your wig might be a tiny bit too tight - maybe you can bring it to a wig repair person to stretch it for comfort. Also, my fall is my best friend!! A million times more comfortable. Also any new wig bands tend to feel too tight so I pull them to make them looser.

t12345678

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:37 pm
You might be able to have a velvet grip sewn into your wig so you don’t have to wear a band under

t12345678

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:41 pm
One more thing;) there is a method of securing your wig with got 2 be glued hairspray or gel. Non Jews who wear wigs tend to do this. May be much more comfortable for you.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:42 pm
Everything is big
Any bit of pressure sets it off
A wig in the front by the hairline
My fall by the band line
I size up in all my wigs but the pressure from keeping it on is too much

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:48 pm
Give a synthetic wig a try. They are LIGHT WEIGHT.

Order one online and also synthetic wig shampoo, and an open wig stand, and a wide tooth comb, and maybe a packet of flesh colored stretchy wig caps. There are various styles, some open weave.

when the wig arrives, do not judge it before it has been washed once.

Take a scissors and cut the bands at the back of the head to make it looser.

It WILL stay on.

Wear a wig cap under it, or don't, doesn't matter. Try both ways.

The shorter the style, the less weight of the hair.

Don't get one that has the word 'golden' in the color description. You will like ash, or brown. Not black.

They are very cheap.

Of course you will have to look past the ones that are too dramatic for a frum woman, but you will find some that are fine for you.

Just do a search "synthetic wig (color you want, length you want)" and rummage around.

PM me if you want, I wear them all the time.

Silk is the lightest fabric, for scarves.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Thu, May 16 2024, 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

amother
Almond

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:49 pm
Why can't you wear a light tichel?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Everything is big
Any bit of pressure sets it off
A wig in the front by the hairline
My fall by the band line
I size up in all my wigs but the pressure from keeping it on is too much

So the issue is the front. What about a lace front with a grip sewn in the middle or the sides?

Cheiny

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:53 pm
t12345678 wrote:
I also have a super sensitive head. If anything is a drop too tight I get an awful migraine. Your wig might be a tiny bit too tight - maybe you can bring it to a wig repair person to stretch it for comfort. Also, my fall is my best friend!! A million times more comfortable. Also any new wig bands tend to feel too tight so I pull them to make them looser.

I agree, if you get a very loose-fitting one, and a lightweight one, it should really help. I had the same problem and once I started wearing loose ones it really eased it completely.

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 4:59 pm
I have that issue so I basically only wear a shaitel to weddings. and when I find a tichel that I like, I buy a bunch

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 5:05 pm
I hope this won't sound harsh, and I admit don't know what it's like to live in a totally conformist community, BARUCH HASHEM! But I don't understand your assertion that your "only option is a wig" and you "can't" wear a hat or tichel. If wigs give you headaches, which is not entirely unheard of, why can you not treat it like any other physical disability and do what you have to do to accommodate it? You may have to do a lot of explaining initially as to why you wear a headscarf or hat when everyone else in your community wears a wig, but eventually everyone will get the memo. Or is your community also intolerant of people who walk with crutches, sit in wheelchairs, are blind or hearing impaired, have to wear ostomy bags, and so on?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 5:13 pm
Same, and after many years of torture I switched to tichel only. Yes, I stand out. But I've gotten used to it and I look good in it so that helps. There was just no way I could continue letting wigs ruin my life (and of course I tried every trick.. nothing helped enough).

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 5:29 pm
Ok thanks for the advice
I’m really so miserable so I need a solution that will work and willing to try anything

And to satisfy your curiosity I don’t want to wear a tichel. Can I…sure. I don’t want to. Also tichels cause pressure by the head as well and give migraines too…unfortunate for when I get home and I can’t even cover at home
So that doesn’t even help

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 5:37 pm
Try a wig cap a size up that’s bigger than your head so it won’t be tight

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 5:41 pm
I’m very sympathetic to your plight. My mother has the same issue. I did too but made it work. No hats or falls - those really hurt my temples. I buy large size wigs and unlatch any elastics completely. I do wear a grip band but before grip bands came around I had velvet sewn in to avoid clipping the wig into my hair. I can actually only wear wigs - tichels make me nuts and so does anything else really except for my dilapidated stretched out snood.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 5:45 pm
I found a wonderful sheitel macher who kept trying things until I was comfortable. It took a lot of time and creativity but now it's good.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 5:46 pm
Yes my stretched out snood was the only ok thing sometimes but because it was so big it always fell off!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 5:55 pm
I feel like your migraine may be coming from other sources and the wig is the stick that broke the camels back. Because it’s very unlikely it’s only coming from something on your head.

Are your shoulders and neck extremely tight? Do you hold stress in your clenched jaw? Do you have deviated septum in your nose or are you a mouth breather?

There are things migraines come from but a wig is feel sounds liek the catalyst
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels