Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Moshiach coming before rosh hashana?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 8:24 pm
So you think that there will be a war, Gamzu?
like a big Nuclear war?

amother

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 8:33 pm
RivkiA wrote:
like a big Nuclear war?

This is my nightmares lately Milachmos golg u mogol. I didnt help that I read 2020 vision Confused

GAMZu

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 8:37 pm
RivkiA wrote:
like a big Nuclear war?
What

Who knows? There are already many wars going on as it is.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 8:37 pm
Well, at the very latest he iyh should be here tomorrow....

First Lady

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 9:16 pm
yo'ma wrote:
It would be nice to be true, but looking around, it doesn't look like it. Crying

Why would you say so??
I doubt the world will get better. He better come asap because the morality of the world and thus effecting the Jewish world isn't going to get too much better so he's going to have to come very soon. BB"A!!

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 10:35 pm
I think that the Gog UMagog refers to the war of lost souls. So many Jews who have gone off and intermarried in the last 100 years and the new wave of kids going off the derech. I think these are the wars they are referring too. Enough ppl have "died" bc of them , no?

mandksima

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 3:42 am
Well, I didn't know whether or not to start my own thread so sorry if this is a hijack! I have posted one of my daughter's dreams before that told the future and came true and this morning she told me a real kicker! For those that never read that thread and are interested, she dreamt in my 6th month that I had a boy and his name was Gavriel. She knew one person with that name and it was total ruach hakodesh!
We had picked out that name that week.

So about last night's dream: She's 7 and we have a 7 week old baby whom she said was 11 months old in the dream and he was walking already (so that gives a time frame.) She said people were dancing and jumping up and down in celebration and our daughter that died as a newborn was alive again and playing with her. Our daughter returned grown up to age 7 like her but she said she had a problem with bending her knees and elbows. Maybe people won't return shalem??? Her dreams have a LOT of truth to them sometimes and this dream just made me have goosebumps. She said that techiat hametim already happened sometime within the year after moshiach came.

What do you make of this?

supermom

Post Sat, Aug 30 2008, 1:40 pm
mandksima wrote:
I read the Mishpacha article the other week and I thought it said it was the Chofetz Chaim that came to one of his students in two dreams in a row and told him to announce it to the world.

Either way, it makes me nervous to hear a definite date as it could cause pandimonium if things don't pan out.

You see Rav ZOhn never got a date from the chofetz chaim. This is from the mashpacha magazine that you saw it in. I am gonna just quote the questions that are neccessary.

They say during your dream, you were told that moshiach would come before rosh hashana?
He didn't say a time. He answers firmly. Nor did he give me any specific os, sign, for the time immediately preceding his arrival.

So what is meant by the words "the geulah is near?"
That it is approaching, and therefore each and every one of us is obligated to do teshuvah for his sins.

Was that same dream repeated?
I dreamt it twice and it's clear to me that it is a chalom emes, a dream that must be zccorded veracity. I have no doubts about it.

From what you see here. THere is no time like everyone thinks he said. And even the second time it was not mentioned a time. Like some said the ones that know don't tell and the ones that don't know tell.

So how is it that rav shach came to Rav eliyashav and told him that rosh hashana is when moshiach will be here and like my sil says that even rebbitzin Kanievsky comfirms it is true. I am confused as usual...

GAMZu

Post Sat, Aug 30 2008, 9:52 pm
Quote:
So about last night's dream: She's 7 and we have a 7 week old baby whom she said was 11 months old in the dream and he was walking already (so that gives a time frame.) She said people were dancing and jumping up and down in celebration and our daughter that died as a newborn was alive again and playing with her. Our daughter returned grown up to age 7 like her but she said she had a problem with bending her knees and elbows. Maybe people won't return shalem??? Her dreams have a LOT of truth to them sometimes and this dream just made me have goosebumps. She said that techiat hametim already happened sometime within the year after moshiach came.

Very intriguing!

YALT

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:09 am
sarahd wrote:
In the Mishpacha article R' Zohn, the CC's talmid, specifically said that the CC didn't give a specific date when Moshiach will arrive; just said that he's almost here.

Twizzler wrote:
supermom wrote:

As for moshiach I want him to come badly but for some reason I am not too thrilled when I do hear that moshiach will be here before the end of the shmitta year.

excuse my ignorance, but what does moshiach coming have to do with shmitta?

The Gemara says, "Bemotzaei sheviis, ben Dovid ba" - Moshiach will come at the end of a shemitta year.

If I'm reading this correct, it says that Moshiach will come at the END of a SHMITTA YEAR. It sounds like we still have a year to go. We're first entering Shmittah now - when Rosh Hashana comes around.

I sure hope he gets here quicker than that!

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:36 am
Ever saw two yidden fighting over a parking spot? I think the war is here, why not have Moshiach today… why wait till Rosh Hashanah?

GAMZu

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:50 am
YALT, this year was shmitta.

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 5:02 am
GAMZu wrote:
YALT, this year was shmitta.
As any israeli can easily tell you because of the outrageous prices of fruits and veggies...

supermom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 5:15 am
Not only the fruits and veg. but everything!! Mad

YALT

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 8:18 am
I'm obviously not Israeli. But these days, with gas going higher & higher, I wouldn't be surprised about any price anyone wants to charge for an apple.
Even though gas @ the pump did go down a bit recently, the prices of neccessities didn't.
I thought we were going into shmitta. Woops!
Forget what I said.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 9:39 am
What I find interesting is that NOBODY is talking about this except for here on imamother Exclamation

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 9:45 am
amother wrote:
What I find interesting is that NOBODY is talking about this except for here on Imamother Exclamation

Not quite true. Everyone around here is talking about it.

And the man to whom the Chofetz Chaim appeared is a well known person (married to the mother of a friend of ours). He has been having dreams for years apparently, but this is the first time the Chofetz Chaim asked him to publicize a dream. He is in his 90's and was a talmid of the Chofetz Chaim.

Even my daughter came home last week and said that her friend's great grandfather is the one who had the dream.

I think that instead of wondering "true or not" we should just heed the message and do Teshuva while we still can.

First Lady

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:49 pm
If I remember correctly, I read that the Satmar Rebbe zt"l and the Lubavitcher Rebbe zt"l both said that gog Umogog referred to the holocaust.
Can anyone confirm this?

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:51 pm
and then we heard it again at the Gulf War.

chavamom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 2:11 pm
amother wrote:
How does this affect my menu planning?

Rolling Laughter OMG - Clarissa, is that you????
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics