Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
"Different" Children - don't let it come to this !
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

su7kids

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 12:42 pm
Hope it works Every parent MUST see this.

MAJOR KLEENEX ALERT!!!

Please don't let it come to this, please please please. Love our children anyway.

Link

yentaof8

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:04 pm
What a heartbreaking video - I always tell myself that at the times you least want to hug your child, are the times they need it most and it usually diffuses the situation. Kids need to know that they always have a home where they are loved.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:11 pm
The picture wasn't very clear, it was very blurry. (through my tears.)

cassandra

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:12 pm
I usually cry at everything so I was prepared, but this one didn't move me. Wearing jeans and kipa sruga is the same as using drugs? Or is the point that you should accept your child even if he wears a kipa sruga? Isn't that obvious?

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:14 pm
Apparently, you'd better accept your children if they wear jeans and srugies, because then they may start doing drugs, and then die of cancer.

su7kids

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:14 pm
cassandra wrote:
I usually cry at everything so I was prepared, but this one didn't move me. Wearing jeans and kipa sruga is the same as using drugs? Or is the point that you should accept your child even if he wears a kipa sruga? Isn't that obvious?

No, its not obvious, and there was a message here, not a specific story.

You have probably got no idea how many parents kick their kids out for having "different" standards than they were raised with.

cassandra

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:15 pm
That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:15 pm
cassandra wrote:

I did notice that, but I didn't care about that. It was the whole relationship, the drinking, sleeping on the streets, etc.. It wasn't even so much that he got sick, it was what happened to him before than.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:16 pm
cassandra wrote:
I was going to write just what you wrote, but I thought someone would "yell" at me.

I think the same that you said cassandra: how can one equate wearing a different kippa than the family to taking drudgs?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:17 pm
su7kids wrote:
cassandra wrote:

No, its not obvious, and there was a message here, not a specific story.

You have probably got no idea how many parents kick their kids out for having "different" standards than they were raised with.
thats a very sad state to be in, to kick out a child just because they are not a duplicate of you and your way of life? thats terrible.

su7kids

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:19 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
thats a very sad state to be in, to kick out a child just because they are not a duplicate of you and your way of life? thats terrible.

Yes, it is devastatingly sad, and you have to know that it happens to many kids.

I have a son who is "different" (Delicious, delightful, menschlig, but different) and he has so many friends who have been kicked out. Many of his friends were raised in frum homes and are no longer shomer shabbos or kosher, and their parents don't want them in the house.

The common excuse is that they are a bad influence on the younger children.

cassandra

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:21 pm
su7kids wrote:

Then they must have very little faith in their own chinuch abilities and the veracity of what they are teaching their children.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:21 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
Apparently, you'd better accept your children if they wear jeans and srugies, because then they may start doing drugs, and then die of cancer.
What's a srugie? I'd better learn fast, in order to accept it before it's too late.

cassandra

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:22 pm
It's a knitted yarmulka.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:22 pm
su7kids wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Yes, it is devastatingly sad, and you have to know that it happens to many kids.

I have a son who is "different" (Delicious, delightful, menschlig, but different) and he has so many friends who have been kicked out. Many of his friends were raised in frum homes and are no longer shomer shabbos or kosher, and their parents don't want them in the house.

I was always taught that you love your kids NO MATTER WHAT, if they come home with three earings, if they dye their hair purple, if they come home gay, if they decide to become not frum. it is precisly at those times, when they think they have lost you that you need to give them the most love to show then that no matter what, they will always be your child.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:23 pm
Clarissa wrote:
DefyGravity wrote:
What's a srugie? I'd better learn fast, in order to accept it before it's too late.
kippa seruga

debs123

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:24 pm
Thanx so much for posting it is for sure a must read for all of us. For me, as a mother with young kids, I gleaned 2 things: 1. How every second is precious with our kinderlach 2. It helped me put myself in someone's shoes who is experiencing a "different than parent" child.... The golus is dark and BH BH BH we know it's about to end.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:25 pm
cassandra wrote:
It's a knitted yarmulka.
Oh. Then I accept it.

su7kids

shabbatiscoming wrote:
I was always taught that you love your kids NO MATTER WHAT, if they come home with three earings, if they dye their hair purple, if they come home gay, if they decide to become not frum. it is precisly at those times, when they think they have lost you that you need to give them the most love to show then that no matter what, they will always be your child.

Yes, me too, but not everyone is like that.

GAMZu

What a sick, sad world.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children