Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Too easy "fancy" dessert

AGINY

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 12:47 pm
I am not usually a duncan haines (sp?) fan but I just had this dessert at my friend's house and it is so dlish and so easy it is a crime!!

Make a recipe of duncan haines brownies, when cooled, spread a container of kleins coffee supreme ice-cream (the kind with the patches of fudge through it).

Freeze and serve in squares (you can blend berries to use as a base if you want to make it more fancy)

it takes a total of 5 minutes (besides oven time) and is always a hit!

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 1:28 pm
My favorite dessert for Yom Tov: Buy 3 different pints: 1 mango sorbet, 1 raspberry sorbet, 1 vanilla chocolate chip.

Spread the mango into a glass pan, with saran wrap over it, press flat with your hands. Remove plastic (duh) Then sprinkle crushed cookie crumbs. Then do the same with the vanilla, and finally the red layer.

Way too fancy for me and takes only seconds to do. Even easier if you freeze in between layers.

lolab

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 10:52 am
AGINY wrote:
I am not usually a duncan haines (sp?) fan but I just had this dessert at my friend's house and it is so dlish and so easy it is a crime!!

Make a recipe of duncan haines brownies, when cooled, spread a container of kleins coffee supreme ice-cream (the kind with the patches of fudge through it).

Freeze and serve in squares (you can blend berries to use as a base if you want to make it more fancy)

it takes a total of 5 minutes (besides oven time) and is always a hit!

Where do I put the berries? What kind of Israeli parve ice cream could I use?

AGINY

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 11:12 am
I have no idea about israeli parev ice-creams. If you want to use the berries, buy a combination of any that you like, fresh or frozen, blend them into a sauce and then put a dollop onto each plate. Put a square of the brownie pie on top of the berry sauce.

YUM

sky

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 12:56 pm
Or instead of blending berries you can buy these fruit sauces they sell in a squeeze tube.

This sounds yummy. I think I'm going to try it.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics