Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Weird/funny things your cleaning lady has done...
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 5:54 am
Mine is a pearl.

Except for this habit of YELLING, and making NOISE!!! to the point that when people talk to her, they end up yelling too! and since she can only come in the morning.... argh!!!

Once, she even turned on my dd's electric pig, and I could hear her laughing very loudly, plus pig noises... around 8 am... shock

GAMZu

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 6:33 am
Quote:

the only really funny thing my cleaner did was wash the floor with mouthwash. My fault for leaving the mouthwash there, but we all had a good laugh.

I bet the bathroom smelled really fresh for a while! Very Happy

And the one with the birthday card is hysterical! LOL

Tehilla

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 6:42 am
bubby wrote:
Nowadays, people don't have relationships with their cleaning ladies. They just give them work & pay them. End of an era? Of course, when there's a language barrier...

I think it depends on the family and the cleaning lady. I offer mine a cup of hot coffee or a cold drink when she comes, give her a real meal, pay her, and ask how she's doing. I know her kids' names and ages, and always think of her first after other yidden if I have something to give away. my kids speak to her nicely and say thank you.

she's not 'part of the family' but she's very well-treated and liked.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 6:53 am
I had a cleaning woman who always brought my son gifts for birthday and Chanukah. We'd gab too much while she was cleaning, so having a personal relationship does have a downside. But she was warm and funny. She was wooed away from me by another client, one whom I'd always been really considerate of (giving her my slot sometimes before chagim, because she has more kids) so we wound up losing her, which made me annoyed with the client but not the cleaner. I didn't love every system she created for our household, but nobody is you or me.

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 8:07 am
morahaviva wrote:
Growing up I remember my mothers cleaning lady (who was actually a jewish seminary girl) used to remove the soap, shampoo, conditioner, and razors from the shower, and put them in the cabinet - out of reach when you are sopping wet!

my dd does that and it's annoying - you cannot even say anything because she thinks she is helping Twisted Evil
morahaviva wrote:

Once my cleaning lady threw out a bag full of instant meals that I bought my husband to take to work - she thought it was garbage and didnt even to look inside!

once got the brand new & expensive flashlights thrown out and we needed them for camping out ... Idea

I had a cleaning lady who thanked me for showing her how to clean and speak english cause she got many a job afterwards (I was her first) ... she even offered to help me clean for free ...

frankly - I prefer cleaning myself - I think it's the ocd ... Mad

Crayon210

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 8:37 am
This thread has made a few people uncomfortable, so I took out some of the minor points that gave the thread an overall distasteful feel.

Please PM me with any concerns. This is a tough thread to work with! ;-)

Please try to be polite and respectful while having a good time.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 8:57 am
I agree with clarissa. There is a certain negative attitude that people have.
If a cleaning lady doesn't do something exactly the you would have done it, it automatically makes her a stupid dunce. Why? Do you know how differently different people run their houses? And these cleanig ladies have to go from house to house and remember everyones meshugasen. Whats normal in one house could be totally abnormal in another. Take for example the cleaning lady who cleans under the fridge and stove every week. One woman might find that beautiful and special, another woman might automatically expect it cause thats the norm in her house, and another might think the lady is crazy for wasting her time on such unnecessary work. How about women being more clear in their instructions?

octopus

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 1:44 pm

Last edited by octopus on Fri, Jul 27 2012, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 3:27 pm
happy2BaMommy wrote:
so I guess I should assume that pulling the pipe out of the kitchen sink is the norm in some homes? shock

no - but what on earth did she put down there to make that happen ...
could be a simple case of a bad plumber or an old sink ... I cannot imagine cleaning that good ...

GOODMOM

Post Sat, Oct 04 2008, 10:49 pm
My cleaning lady used to cut her nails with my nailclippers. whenever I caught her doing it - I used to throw out that clipper- until I started hiding it in my room. Lately she started painting her fingernails , adding some little flowers or crystals to it. I always ooh and ahh about her fingernails -it's is cheaper than nailclippers. By the way she is working here for the past eight years.I have loads of stories but she is a real great worker.

justanothermother

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 8:08 am
So many of us are getting new cleaning help before Pesach. Thought it might be fun to revive this thread.

realeez

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 8:13 am
With mine it's what she said to me that made me Rolling Eyes I have pneumonia and a lot of fluid in my lungs so she asked me if I find that my shirt is wet a lot!

mama-star

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 8:37 am
one time in NY I caught my cleaning lady clipping her toenails when she was supposed to be working. Rolling Eyes

QUEENY

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 10:49 am
Whenever I throw out torn stockings or old shoes or a stained shirt in the garbage, my cleaning lady always takes it out and puts it back where it belongs.

Ima'la

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 12:13 pm
greenfire wrote:
frankly - I prefer cleaning myself - I think it's the ocd ... Mad

Well, there's another thing we have in common. I had a cleaning girl once a week for a couple of months recently - it made me so stressed out! I'm also not good at telling people what to do, so that didn't make things easier for me...

I guess it's kinda the opposite of what Clarissa said - I think I want a clone of myself to clean my house so that I don't have to do it, but it will get done exactly the way I want it!

realeez wrote:
With mine it's what she said to me that made me Rolling Eyes I have pneumonia and a lot of fluid in my lungs so she asked me if I find that my shirt is wet a lot!

LOL LOL LOL (And refuah shelaimah!!!)

canadamom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 3:28 pm
I have a love/hate relationship with my cleaning lady. I cant live without her, yet she makes me so nervous....
I wish I would have the time and strength to do it all myself, b/c I think I'm a great cleaning lady.... LOL

sequoia

Post Sun, Mar 15 2009, 3:50 pm
Bubby, I've never heard anyone say "our so-and-so" except the "low-class" characters on Keeping Up Appearances LOL

Seems like in England people are judged by their accents... when I was in Cambridge I was surprised how people were embarassed if they sounded like they came from anywhere north of London. Whatever, whole nother thread.

You all are pretty lucky to have cleaning ladies!

BZ BODY

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 8:55 am
Just found this old thread and I have smtng to add:
My Cleaning Lady came 2 me 1st time after having my baby, she peeked in2 crib and smiled.. Then she whispered to me some Polish question, which obviously I didnt understand. she then went ahead to ask it via motions: She showed me on boobs, then she made a motion at bottom (peni$), as if to ask: boy or girl?? LOL

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 9:32 am
I told my cleaning lady not to put certain clothes of my daughter's in the dryer. She put them away wet instead. I did not discover this for several days. YUCK. It was an Amelia Badelia moment.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 9:51 am
I'm really quite happy with my cleaning lady but she never asks, just does and it makes me crazy because I or my dh or a babysitter is usually there to ask questions if you are not sure of where to put something etc...

I wasn't home yesterday when she came (although my sitter was). I wore sneakers yesterday because I had to do a lot of walking. When I came home, I happened to notice a grocery box (that was supposed to be thrown out) in the corner of my bedroom with a little chair that ds uses on top of it. I thought it was odd but didn't think much of it except to remember throw it out today. This morning I searched everywhere and couldn't find where she put my (several pairs of) shoes that I switch off with every day. I finally just took a pair of slippers to wear and figured I would take the box out to the garbage. Guess what was in there, all of my shoes and ds's shoes. I was wondering why his sitter put him in crocs yesterday. She couldn't find them either.

It's not like me having several pairs of shoes out is unusual. She usually puts them in one of two closets or under my bed. Dunno what made her choose this option.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics