Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Anyone read Transfused With Hope By B. Berger?

happyone

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 12:34 pm
I would love to contact the author. Anyone know who she is, or where she lives, and has contact info for her?
Thanks.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 4:22 pm
I just saw it advertised. It looks llike my style book

mom13

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 11:57 am
I finished the book at 2 in the morning - couldn't put it down till the end. A real life story which really inspires. Can't wait for her next book.

Last edited by mom13 on Tue, Sep 23 2008, 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Cdlf

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 3:54 pm
I saw it advertised. Can you give me some details. It looks like the kind of book I would enjoy.

sunshine!

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 4:33 pm
It is the story of a baby born with a problem, and the journey the family took in order to diagnose and correct it. It is an emotional, well written book. I cried along to some parts of their struggle, and the chizuk you take away is worth the read. I read how a 9 year old boy unselfishly and wholeheartedly went through a painful procedure to save his brothers life, how a family faced adversity with emunah and bitachon, and how we can't take anything for granted.

Cdlf

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 6:57 pm
sounds beautiful

ILOVELIFE

Post Sat, Oct 04 2008, 8:48 pm
Well, I bought it on Tzom Gedalya and finished it that day. What a book!!! Incredible. Does anyone know if the author is the mother? I'll tell you what confused me is that on the cover it says a true story by B Berger. The true story kinda makes it sound like she's retelling a story.

Does a/one know her? Is this a pen name?

Happyone- contact the publisher and u shld be able to reach her perhaps through tehm

berger

Post Sat, Oct 04 2008, 10:54 pm
I am the author of "transfused with hope". My son is Shimmy. He has just turned three and inspires us each and every day to be better people.... He is a joy to behold and we cant thank Hashem enough for granting us the gift of his life. The reason for writing the book was to help other people in such situations because the pain of loneliness can gnaw away and make an already difficult and heartwrenching situations so much harder....
I am happy to be contacted at my email address: bergermrsb@gmail.com

Cdlf

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 7:22 am
Thank you for writing that inspiring book. I read it over Rosh Hashana and couldn't put it down. It meant so much to me personally because my husband had a transplant in 2000 and is doing great today B"H. I wish your book was around when I sooo needed it! I too am always available to be Mechazeik people in this situation but not on such a grand scale!! If anybody needs some Chizuk because of somebody going through a difficult illness please feel free to pm me!! May all the Cholim have a Refuah Shelaimah!!!

momto4

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 7:05 pm
berger, I just want to tell you that your book was amazing. it especially hit home to me and gave me a lot of chizuk. my baby was also born with some medical issues. they are not at all the same as your shimmy but I was totally able to relate to those initial feelings of shock and despair etc. my baby is now 6 months old. she had one surgury at 3 days old and will need a few more in the next few monts. my older four children are also very similiar ages to your older ones. thank you for writing your story. it really gives me a lot of strenth at this time.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 7:23 pm
I bought it, but am trying to save it for my upcoming hospital stay. I'm not sure I'll be able to hold out reading it until after my baby is born though.

3Qts

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 10:54 pm
Just bought mine today. This is my succos treat. I will try hard not to peek.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 6:54 pm
I read it this afternoon. The story is amazing - but it was such a difficult read for me, being that I have a small baby and just kept picturing your Shimmy as a tiny baby being picked and prodded and I just had to fight back tears. Ironically I also have a 3 year old named shimmy so that made it evenharder to read! May your ChaimShimon grow up a healthy tzaddik and give your family much nachas. What a story.

bubbles

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 7:33 pm
I read this book on fri night and I could not put it down. It was a very good book. I could not stop crying. Berger may you have alot of nachas from Shimmy he sounds like a very special boy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room