Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Where to get inexpensive full size fridge w freezer in NY?

newu

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 11:10 am
anyone know? I'm desperate to get one, but can't spend a lot of Money.....

Fabulous  

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 11:57 am
When stuff are on sale, you can get from the buzz or a & m ( I think it's called that) on coney and like m and n.

Lani22  

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 12:10 pm
Ok I was watching HGTV (home and garden television) last night and someone showed such a good tip. They wanted the look of a full sized fridge and freezer combo like those huge industrial types. They priced them out and found they averaged about 10K for a good stainless steel unit. Instead they bought a stainless steel fridge and a stainless steal freezer and changed the handle of the freezer to face the handle of the fridge (hope im describing this clearly)and pushed the 2 units together for a grand total of $500 per unit! it really really looked like they were attached- what a great idea!

Fabulous  

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 12:22 pm
maybe I'm not understanding this properly. But they spent 1,000 vs. 10,000 just by doing that. 10,000 seems extremely overpriced, even for a good stainless steel one.

Lani22  

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 12:26 pm
well obviously the 2 pushed together were not really the same quality of the 10k industrial units ( and yes alot are in that price range) but the look of the unit is very similar.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 12:27 pm
Huh! I am impressed.

Lani22

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 12:32 pm
the show was about home owners who wanted to save money. but have very luxurious looking homes. Another interesting thing they did was with their floor covering. They had picked out a very expensive carpet for the upstairs area at $75 a sq ft. Instead of covering the entire floor area with the expensive carpet they found a cheaper carpet( about $10 a sq ft) very similar in color and they blended the 2. you really could only tell if you looked very very closely. They used the cheaper carpet on the outskirts of the rooms and saved thousands by doing this.

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 1:01 pm
fridge & freezer sounds kool ... but not so much the carpet ...

have you tried sears ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics