Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Any moist honey cake recipes??
1  2  3  Next

agh

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 6:37 pm
anyone!!!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 6:38 pm
I just made one from a cookbook. Well wait until dh comes home and tastes it. If it's good I'll post the recipe.

BlumaG

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 7:10 pm
there is another honey cake recipe somewhere on this site - it was very basic not a bunch of spices and v yummy - I made it this week and when it was warm but not boiling I covered it bc I didnt want it to dry out and it was a big hit at the rosh hashana program I took it to

boruchhashem

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 7:59 pm
I made one from somewhere here on this site, and it is yummy and very moist.

Beauticianista

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 7:59 am
Honey Sponge Cake

1) 10 egg whites
2) 2 cups sugar

Make a snow

1) 10 egg yolks
2) ¾ cup orange juice
3) ¾ cup oil
4) 3 cups flour
5) 2 t. baking powder

Mix above ingredients and add slowly to snow

1) ½ t. baking soda
2) ½ t. cinnamon
3) 8 oz. honey

Divide mixture in half, leave half in mixer and add above 3 ingredients; divide between 2 foil tube pans. Add other half of mixture on top into the 2 foil pans.

Bake in 325˚ preheated oven for 1 hour, 20 min. Turn pan over when done.

NativeMom

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 8:05 am
I posted this on another thread, you should try it!

This is a REALLY good recipe:

3 eggs
1 C sugar
1 C oil
1 C honey
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 C Flour
1 1/2 C strong TEA (I used lipton)

add ingredients together, put in 9 x13 pan and bake @ 325 deg. F for 45 min- 1 hr.
I made one so far and it came out really good!

stargazer

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 11:43 am
I found this recipe online a few days ago, made it and it came out really good and moist.

Apple Honey Bundt Cake
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice (I used nutmeg)
3 apples, peeled and grated

Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour bundt pan. Mix sugar and oil. Beat in eggs until light, then add honey and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and mix in until just moistened. Grate apples and fold into batter. Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry. Let cool 10-15 minutes before inverting onto plate.
This cake can also be made in 2 loaf pans.

rachel19977

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 12:18 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I just made one from a cookbook. Well wait until dh comes home and tastes it. If it's good I'll post the recipe.

Nu... so how was it?

LOL

BennysMommy

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 4:29 pm
NativeMom wrote:

3 eggs
1 C sugar
1 C oil
1 C honey
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 C Flour

add ingredients together, put in 9 x13 pan and bake @ 325 deg. F for 45 min- 1 hr.

Thanks nativemom! I used your recipe and my honey cake was so delicious! My DH told me he doesn't like honey cake and he asked for a second piece of this one Very Happy

NativeMom

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 6:46 pm
It really is the best recipe I've ever used. I made 2 before shabbos and one is almost entirely gone. I'll have to try to make another one before yom tov because I promised my parents I'd bring them one! I'm happy you guys enjoyed it!

yo'ma

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 6:56 pm
NativeMom wrote:
It really is the best recipe I've ever used. I made 2 before shabbos and one is almost entirely gone. I'll have to try to make another one before yom tov because I promised my parents I'd bring them one! I'm happy you guys enjoyed it!

I just made it, but I don't think it baked well. I think part of the top is still raw, but I had to take it out already because it was getting overdone. I guess I'll really see how well it's done when I cut it.

mandksima

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 3:01 am
yo'ma wrote:
NativeMom wrote:

I just made it, but I don't think it baked well. I think part of the top is still raw, but I had to take it out already because it was getting overdone. I guess I'll really see how well it's done when I cut it.

I just made this recipe too and it really is one of the best honey cakes I've made. I already gave the recipe out. I had to try it so I put a little bit of the batter into a tiny pyrex dish. Yummy! Thanks so much!

Yo'ma, I think this cake needs to be pretty flat, in a 9 x13 pan or short loaf pans, did you use a deeper dish?

NativeMom

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 7:53 am
It definitely needs to be in a flatter pan, the first time I made it I put the batter in a tube pan and the middle came out raw, but still good Wink

cubbie

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 8:04 am
NativeMom wrote:

3 eggs
1 C sugar
1 C oil
1 C honey
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 C Flour

Ok so I made two this morning and we only have one left - it is amazing - thank you!
Incidentally I added something which I add to all honey cakes to turn them into honey apple cakes, 2 apples cored and sliced (with the peel on) which I first mixed with sugar and cinnamon and then added to the mixture before baking.

NativeMom

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 8:05 am
I'm so happy you're all enjoying the recipe! Very Happy

chillax

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 1:09 pm
I just peeked at it in the oven...does anyone else middle look weird??

yo'ma

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 3:40 pm
chillax wrote:
I just peeked at it in the oven...does anyone else middle look weird??

I used a "9x13" (it's not the american 9x13), but it came out fine, most anyway. Mine looked weird in the middle, too.

Strudel

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 5:44 pm
Ooooooops! Mine just exploded all over the oven Sad

teachby

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 6:01 pm
Okay--not my original idea, I got this off another site. The world's easiest honey cake recipe:

Make a Duncan Hines spice cake mix, but replace the oil with honey. Follow the other directions on the back of the box. It's so easy and yummy!!

Pineapple

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 6:08 pm
teachby wrote:
Okay--not my original idea, I got this off another site. The world's easiest honey cake recipe:

Make a Duncan Hines spice cake mix, but replace the oil with honey. Follow the other directions on the back of the box. It's so easy and yummy!!

Can't get much easier than that LOL
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus