Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Anyone go full term or past with twins?

livalittle

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 12:08 am
Here I am at 39 weeks still preg with twins.(BH) Just wondering if any of you had gone this far or further - seems like everyone gives birth early and here I am with no signs of labor scheduled for induction at 40 weeks and two days. For those of you went this far, what was your experience? How much did your twins weigh? How much weight did you gain with your twin pregnancy and lose immediately after they came out? (I've heard of ppl losing 22 pounds after delivery!) And how did you manage the last few weeks?!?!

livalittle

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 12:31 pm
Am I the only one?!?

Tapuzi

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 12:47 pm
My twin sisters were 2 days overdue but that was over 20 years ago.

Coffee3

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 1:16 pm
I went full term. My babies were each over 8 lbs (8'3 and 8'5). Almost world record - my husband was famous in the hospital. I lost alot of weight quickly and I did alot of walking during the pregnancy so even though I weighed about 200 lbs I lost most of it within the next few weeks. (It took me a long time to lose the rest.) It was hard for me to walk the last few weeks because it felt like something would fall out but I continued to walk.. My second pregnancy was only one baby (9'10) but I gained more weight from fat the second time. I didnt exercise as much and was nauseous so couldnt stop eating. Baruch hashem the twins are now 7 and still the tallest in their grade. There are about 2 boys taller than my daughter and one is the same height as my son.

Eowyn

Post Sat, Sep 27 2008, 9:33 pm
I know a few ladies who went FT on a mom's board a frequent. Most of them were smallish - about 6 lbs average.

I delivered at 32 weeks but from the size of them, the docs all said they probably would've been 7-8 pounders at FT.

livalittle

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 2:01 am
mytwo22, were they at all concerned abt you going so far along? As you may (or may not) have seen from my other post, the perinatologist decided that he wants them out asap and I'm scheduled for induction erev rosh hashana which I will try very hard to push off bec no threats to either one of us are seen.

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 2:21 am
I was 36 weeks but that was by c-section it was my sixth one, and they were worried about me going into labour b/c of complications that could happen like rupturing c"v

chani30

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 3:01 am
I bh had twins #4&5 now they are 3 1/2 months old and I'm pregnant now again I'm 2 months already and due after pesach I was really shocked when I felt nautious again I have help @ home so far its really not easy the one before the twins is almost 2 1/2 and my oldest is 10

Coffee3

Post Mon, Sep 29 2008, 9:45 am
Livalittle: Sorry I did not see your post till now.. I would do whatever the doctor suggests... I didnt have concerns about being full term, only about being late. But I knew the doctor was monitoring them all the time. But I think you would rest easier if you go along with your doctor's suggestions... as long as he explains all this reasons..
Shana Tova

eshes chayil

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 12:07 am
I felt the same as you.... especially since the ultrasounds showed that my twins were really big. I was sure they would induce me earlier. But I ended up getting to week 39 and gave birth B"H to a girl (2.600 kg) and a boy (3.600 kg) good luck!

Kugel lover

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 4:12 pm
My mother had me & my twin 10 days overdue but that was 21 years ago. I weughed 7.3 & my twin weighed 6.14.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more