Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Husband needs a job
1  2  Next

Hi

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 11:00 am
Help my husband needs a job I am willing to move anywhere any suggestions of areas where we should look? I have 3 kids 10,12 and 14 and we my husband and son wear a bekisha on shabbos. Any ideas would be appreciated
Thank you

momatwork

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 11:28 am
try moving to Boro Park, I am sure that he will be able to find a job there, just buy the Jewish Press and Hamodia.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 11:41 am
I can't help you, but anyway what kind of job is he interested in?

happyone

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 11:46 am
momatwork wrote:
try moving to Boro Park, I am sure that he will be able to find a job there, just buy the Jewish Press and Hamodia.
Not so simple. Unfortunately there are unemployed in BP as well...
Lots of luck OP.
What are his skills/experience/field of interest?

Fabulous

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 11:47 am
How about buying these newspapers as well as the nonJewish ones like NY times if his interests and experience is professional, before you move here. Maybe line up a job or at least multiple job interviews before you take the plunge that is NYC.

Hi

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 12:26 pm
He has been doing contracting kind of work but it is just not working out
I do not think NY is the place for us cost of living is way to high so even if he can find a job we will not be able to afforf it
I am hoping to find someplace else but I do not know what communities are like we live in Baltimore and the job market here stinks

SomebodyElse

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 12:53 pm
In Baltimore, I think Sinai Hospital is looking for mashgichim. Also, has your husband talked to Jewish Vocational Services and the Agudah job link?

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 1:42 pm
In Florida, the people who work in the catering as mashgiach, also do car service to and from airports, and taking tourists around. It’s a decent living.

costanza

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 5:05 pm
Is this for real? Is his main qualification/skill his Shabbos wardrobe? Before you decide to pick up your life and move somewhere, why not figure out what he can do.

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 5:09 pm
Newsflash: My husband also needs a job. He just got fired today.

happyone

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 5:30 pm
RivkiA wrote:
Newsflash: My husband also needs a job. He just got fired today.

I'm so so sorry for you RivkiA. Hope something comes up soon -- we got a new year ahead of us with new mazel in all areas.

bubby

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 12:46 am
Oh RivkiA, I'm so sorry! What's his field & where do you live, maybe someone on imamother can help.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 12:55 am
Oh, just come to Israel. It's easy to be poor here. What have you got to lose? (not Amother with teens, that would be more difficult - but anyone who is a couple or with young children).
My husband has been out of a job since the beginning of Jan. but they paid his salary till the end of Feb. Rosh HaShanna will decree what our fate will be.

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 1:12 am
Were in chicago right now but def willing to move?
He has experince in teaching, mashgiach, construction and managing

bubby

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 1:28 am
Anybody???

I think a new forum would be a good idea: Jobs available/jobs wanted. Whaddya think??? We should all be looking out for each other, esp. in this lousy economy.

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 1:55 am
bubby wrote:
Anybody???

I think a new forum would be a good idea: Jobs available/jobs wanted. Whaddya think??? We should all be looking out for each other, esp. in this lousy economy.

yea, I always thought there shud b a section like that..

mumoo

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 2:15 am
so sorry to hear that RivkiA; join the club. Dh has been unemployed for over 2 years. It's not easy. This year should bring all of us brocha vhatzlocha

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 12:41 pm
2 years of unemployment? how do you do it?

mumoo

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 9:27 pm
a lot of savings (it goes quickly), home equity loans, bitachon, and chesed - giving and receiving
it's not easy. the pressure on him to bring home money, the stress of me having to take on all kinds of jobs, the human nature to fight about it. there was tremendous strain on our relationship. b'H we are still together but I daven for parnassa everyday. I'yH, this year will be the one...

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 9:33 pm
wow! I hope you get what you daven for!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics