Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Looking for my most favorite dessert apple pie recipe

yash

Post Mon, Sep 29 2008, 1:19 pm
I am looking for the recipe for applie pie from my most favorite dessert? I would appreciate it if anyone has it, and could post it

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 29 2008, 1:21 pm
Do they give out their recipes?

Dalia Nechama

Post Wed, Oct 15 2008, 8:29 pm
The do publish a dessert cookbook. I don't remember the name - I'm away for Yom Tov. There's a good chance they have a pie recipe in it.

NativeMom

Post Wed, Oct 15 2008, 8:39 pm
Yes they do have a book out, my MIL has it and I looked through it and there are a lot of recipes that I'd love to try! I can see if I can get the recipe from her

sammy

Post Wed, Oct 15 2008, 10:25 pm
ok, so I have the cookbook, and there are a few appple pies.

OLD FASHIONED APPLE PIE

crust:

12 TBS cold usalted margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour

1. in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle, cream the marg with the sugar on med speed until fluffy.
2. in a small bowl, beat the egg lightly with teh vanilla. with the mixer running, add the egg mixture to the marg mixure and beat until incorporated.
3. reduce the mixer speed to low and add flour a cup at a time, beating until a ball of dough forms around the paddle.
4. with your hands, gather the dough into a ball and pat in into a large flat round. Divide the round in half, shape each half into a disk and wrap each disk in plastic wrap. chill the disks in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until firm

filling:
1/2 cup sugar
6 TB apricot preserves
1/2 tsp cinamon
1 TB flour
2 TB constarch
2 TB water
8 cups peeled medium-thich (1/2 inch wide) McIntosh apple slices (about 8 large apples)

egg wash of 1 egg, lightly beaten
sugar for sprinkling on the top crust

1. preheat oven to 350 Line a large baking shee with parchment paper. remove the disks of dough from fridge and let stand at room temp for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly before rolling out.
2. on a lightly floured surface, roll one of the disks of dough inot a round about 11" in diameter, 1/4 inch thick. gently roll the round over the rolling pin, center it over a 10" pie plate, and unroll it over the pan. press the dough over the bottom and up the sides of the pan. with a pastry scaper or knife, trim the overhang with teh edge of the pan. chill the pie shell while u make the filling
3.in a large bowl, compbine the sugar, apricot preserves, cinamon, and flour and stir til blended
4. in a small cup, place the cornstarch, add the water and stir until there are no lumps. stir it into the apricot mixture.add the apples and toss gently until well coated. mound the filling in the pie shell.
5. with a pastry brush, brush the edge of the dough all the way around with egg wash.
6. reflour the work surface and roll out remaining disk of dough ino a round about 11" in diameter, 1/4" thick. transfer the round on th rolling pin to the pie and center it over the filling. with your fingers, press the edge of the top crust into the bottom crust all the way aroun, the trip the overhang. with the tines of a fork, press the edges all the way around to seal. prick the top crust all over with the tines of the fork to make steam vents.
7. brush the top crust and edge with the egg wash, then sprinkle it generously with sugar.
8. place the pie on the lined sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes until nicely golden on top. transfer to wire rach to cool.

can store leftovers covered in fridge for up to 3 days.

good luck!

ihyphenated

Post Fri, Nov 07 2008, 8:05 am
the sweet pie-crust (in my opinion) is not such a great fit w a sweet pie filing- I would make a basic piecrust without all the sugar and eggs for this pie. when I had the pie at mmfd, I was like, great pie, but why the sweet crust??

Cdlf

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 11:43 am
Can anybody post a recipe without margarine?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics