Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Jumping

goldrose

Post Sun, Jan 01 2006, 7:31 pm
Anyone know the age range for learning how to jump? My dd is 27 months - 2 yrs, 3 months, ka"h, and cannot jump. She goes to school, it seems all her classmates jump just fine!

I'm not WORRIED about it, but it seems to bother HER. My other daughter jumps a lot, and this one says "I can't!"

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 01 2006, 7:34 pm
Listen why worry you know some r more motor coordinated early and she will learn. I mean my dd is doing cart wheels, somersaults at age 3 just like 2 of her brothers did. But she can't hop for the life of her. So I say neh don't worry Wink

goldrose

Post Sun, Jan 01 2006, 7:45 pm
at a different angle - is there any way to teach a child how to jump??

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 01 2006, 7:51 pm
Yes by you jumping, 8) or invest in a mini trampoline they r sold in exercise stores and r relativley cheap. Or if you have a shmatte couch hidden away let her jump on that Tongue Out Tongue Out

goldrose

Post Sun, Jan 01 2006, 8:34 pm
thanks for the tips - we actually do have a couch that we use for jumping! that's what frustrates her so much, because her sister has a blast jumping away, and all she can do is dance!

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 01 2006, 8:41 pm
You know I have been thinking but just like there are some kids who ride their two wheels w/hout training wheels 3yr old most don't ride till 5 yrs and some don't ride until later on. The same goes for jumping .So if you as a parent don't make an issue but when she dances encourage her then I'm sure she won't feel bad. Hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics