Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Help LICE!!!

supermom

Post Wed, Jan 04 2006, 10:51 am
AURGH!!! Mad I just spent five whole hours my eyes are killing me and so does my KNECK!!! takening out lice bugs and eggs out of my daughters head which I can't understand how she got so many when I just checked her HEAD!!!! I just saw today that she is scratching again with a ton of tiny bugs and a lot of more EGGS. I can't take it anymore when will it end!!!! Mad Help what am I suppose to do any suggestions to take them out FOR GOOD?!?!?!?!?

goldrose

Post Wed, Jan 04 2006, 11:26 am
can you get ahold of a lice-killing shampoo? call your pharmacy. wash her hair with the shampoo so at least the lice/nits are dead. then you can worry about picking htem out. also, wash all linen and put in dryer on HOT so if there are lice on them, they will die.

red sea

Post Wed, Jan 04 2006, 12:08 pm
there is s/t called a lice comb - its a metal thing, when my aunt lived in israel she combed her girls hair every night with it to even prevent an infestation if they should have picked it up off of s/o else

hisorerus

Post Wed, Jan 04 2006, 2:34 pm
Did you try the margarine or mayonnaise treatment? I think you need to do it for a couple days.

Plus, throw out brushes, wash all linens and worn clothes... Sad

MMEC123

Post Wed, Jan 04 2006, 5:11 pm
Shave her hair Smile

All joking aside- I know a woman (not a well woman, unfortunately) who was so mad that her daughter kept getting lice & picked her up from school one day dragging her out by her hair yelling that she was shaving it off!

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Jan 04 2006, 5:21 pm
Unfortunately Israel is prone to this stuff. The best killer is probably vinegar. Your daughter should sleep in margarine too- that'll kill it.

I wouldn't agree with shaving her head c"v- but maybe it's to long - its deffinetely easier when the hair is shorter- less headache for you.

Supermom- make sure you wash all the bed linens and keep YOUR HEAD COVERED!!!!!!

cindy324

Post Wed, Jan 04 2006, 5:40 pm
This is what the lady who I took my kids to to delice , so to speak did. She told me next time I could do it myself and save the $60/ kid! Find the metal Nisska comb, or if they don't have that near you any other brand that is made for lice removal AND its metal. Take a huge bottle of hair conditioner. Shmear it very generously onto kid's head. Begin combing through section by section, wiping the comb with white tissue or paper towel after each stroke. You'll see the bugs on the tissue mixed in the conditioner. Keep doing that until you don't see anything come out. This lady that I took my kids to does not believe in lice shampoo, they're full of VERY harmful chemicals and they did not work for me. I used it and then I saw it didn't help, I took them to this woman and she showed me that they were still infested after using the shampoo. Any how, repeat the next day , just to make sure you didn't miss anything. It takes care of both the lice and nits.
Good Luck, believe me I feel for you!!

goldrose

Post Wed, Jan 04 2006, 6:05 pm
I also thing the margarine or vinegar treatment is a good idea. the first thing that came to mind was the "nix" stuff, but natural is always better.

mom2six

Post Wed, Jan 04 2006, 6:24 pm
I live in Israel and used to work in day care. There was once a big lice epidemic and I used to clean out the kids' heads. There are 2 things that worked. One is lots of conditioner, as a previous poster said. The other is to do the same thing but with oil. Sit the kid in the tub, coat hair well with oil or conditioner and comb with a good metal lice comb. Do it every day for a week and every other day for another week. As far as prevention goes, listen to this. Someone told me a while ago that rosemary oil prevents lice. In Israel, it's easy to find it in a spray or shampoo. I bought a spray called Sarekal which is really for taking out knots but happens to contain Rosemary oil. Everyday last year I sprayed it on my dd's head. She didn't get lice once though her whole gan was infested. THis year, I've been spraying it everyday and it kept her clean but a few weeks ago, the top fell off the bottle so I couldn't put it on for 2 days until I got a new one. Guess what happened? She came home with lice. It took a while to get rid of it but now she's clean and we're back to spraying daily. I really suggest it to anyone with s.

Pearl

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 7:33 am
LICE ATTACK - its an excellent coconut based SAFE treatment, but am not sure if you can get it in israel.

I always use sarekal, also now that I don't live in israel anymore, I bring stock. but unfortunately, it doesn't always help.

the pharmacist told me not to wash my dd's hair too often, just once or twice a week, bec lice like clean hair. and the vinegar helps too.

wash EVERYTHING made of cloth, linnen whatever!

good luck!

supermom

Post Sat, Jan 07 2006, 1:53 pm
Okay this is what I did at the end shame I didn't get to rid everyones posts before I used some type of chemical called ovide and boy did it smell so bad you leave it in for about twelve hours I thought all friday I would be on a high I couldn't handle the smell of her. Anyways it is suppose to kill the eggs and lice. it killed the eggs some what but the bugs don't know where they ran off to Rolling Eyes. her hair still smells like this lotion I put on I have to wash her head out again. I sat there picking everything out again for another two and half hours. thanks mom2six I called my mother in law she will pick it up tomorrow when she goes in to town hope it works. I cover my hair constantly don't know why I catch it from my kids and my husband nothing Mad why me with such long hair can't take it especially I can't see where the eggs and bugs are!!! Mad Twisted Evil

supermom

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 9:02 am
mom2six wrote:
I bought a spray called Sarekal which is really for taking out knots but happens to contain Rosemary oil.

just got it now what how do I use it spray it all over the scalp how much do I use??

Aish

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 9:14 am
to get the lice out, mix olive oil and vinegar. the oil to get them out, the vinegar to repel them and kill them. then comb through and do that till theres nothing left.
the real issue is P R E V E N T I O N .

BUY PURE TEA TREE OIL. PUT A DOLLOP OF IT IN YOUR KIDS, AND YOUR SHAMPOO. WASH EVERYDAY, LEAVE IN FOR A MINUTE OR TWO. AND THAT SHOULD DO IT.
LICE CANT STAND THAT SMELL. THEY WILL NOT RESIDE IN HAIR THAT HAS TEA TREE OIL SMELL IN IT. AND THEY ARE LESS LIKELY TO "BOUNCE" ONTO SOMEONES HEAD THAT HAS THAT SMELL.
GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by Aish on Sun, Jan 08 2006, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

cindy324

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 9:16 am
Quote:
I cover my hair constantly don't know why I catch it from my kids and my husband nothing

Believe it or not, they (lice) don't like men. It's something about the level of testosterone in their system. Only adult men they don't like, little boys are a different story. When my kids had it , I got it too, but not my hubby.

supermom

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 10:25 am
Mad

Motek

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 4:03 pm
hardwrknmom wrote:
Unfortunately Israel is prone to this stuff.

Why is this so? And it seems a more recent thing (10 years?). I don't remember hearing about this years ago.

Someone told me she had guests from Israel recently and this is the second time that she's had them and they've give her family nits! Ugh! And the work it takes to clean everything!

She said Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan a'h's daughter, Rosenfeld is THE EXPERT on lice and nits in Brooklyn.

And what about trying on tichels/snoods/sheitels in stores? Shaking
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics