Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Blending

Rivky

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 10:56 am
I'm in need of an idea of how to blend my foundation with my skin so I don't have that line on the bottom of my cheek. I currently use the cosmetic sponges but it doesn't really do the job.

smilingmom

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 11:08 am
Perhaps you are using the wrong color. The color should be close enough to your skin tone so that it blends easily with a sponge.

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 11:40 am
Yes, to smilingmom's post. The color should match your skin tone exactly. You can use your fingers too. I like to do that on my own face. Your body heat will help melt the foundation into the skin better.

When buying foundation, try the color on by your jawline to determine the right shade for you.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 11:44 am
I agree, it's prob. the wrong color. Also, try mixing the foundation with moisturizer to allow it to go on more smoothly and slickly.

JC

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 11:49 am
You can also use two different but close shades on your face. My jawline and neck is more ivory, while my face has a bit more color because of the sun and I dont want my face to look as deathly white when I actually have some natural color.
I also end up changing shades slightly as the seasons change.

But I like to play with my makeup and dont mind mixing foundations for color and adding moisturizer when I want a sheer coverage (but it doesnt work with all brands)

-J

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 12:55 pm
you have to deposit the majority of the base in the center of your face, and blend outwards. this way you have the foundation gradually make its way to the end of your face and it gets lighter and thinner. also, you must blend, blend, blend.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Oct 23 2008, 1:03 pm
and about colors, yes, you are supposed to buy what matches you best, but there are a ton of ppl out there who wear a darker color cuz they like the look. so if you are doing that, you have to be very careful to apply it correctly.

Rivky

Post Fri, Oct 24 2008, 11:36 am
Thanks beauty-take it from the pros I guess.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics