Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
What are your favorite type of doughnuts?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

What are your favorite type of doughnuts?
Jelly  
 14%  [ 15 ]
Boston Cream  
 42%  [ 44 ]
Glazed  
 11%  [ 12 ]
Chocolate Sprinkle  
 5%  [ 6 ]
White Sprinkle  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Other  
 22%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 104

jemappelle

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 9:57 pm
assumed boston cream = custard ....I love custard, but dont really like the donut part!

zigi

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 10:06 pm
I want donuts! custard, chocolate iced, caramel filled. mmmm.....

daamom

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 5:29 am
I love plain old fashioned glazed doughnuts. I'm CY, so no dunkin donuts for me, but the Doughnut Man in boro park makes absolutely delicious glazed doughnuts (all sorts of doughnuts, actually).

sky

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 6:26 am
Other. I love the caramel donuts that come out special for Chanukah.

sarahd

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 7:08 am
The kind of doughnuts I love have not been available (or at least I haven't been able to find them) for about 25 years now - yeasty doughnuts you can really sink your teeth into with a thick chocolate glaze. Everything available today is but a pale imitation.

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 8:25 am
caramel, vanilla, jelly a nd chocolate glazed

Seraph

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 8:27 am
Caramel!!!

Starhavah

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 8:52 am
Ribat halav (caramel)!!

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 10:24 am
I never tried caramel. I never even heard of caramel doughnuts.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 10:28 am
I love caramel filled donuts!!!!! I used to love going to Uri's pizza a little before chanukah and gorging on pizza and donuts. They were better before chanukah because they filled them with more caramel.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 10:30 am
The first Chanuka I was in college, I saw many of the girls bringing in these luscious looking caramel doughnuts. The last night of Chanuka, I went to the bakery near the college and bought on too (pretty expensive, like $1.50 almost five years ago). I took one bite and then threw it away, totally not to my taste. But gezinta heit for all those that enjoy them.

tovasmom

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 1:05 pm
OMG, I used to love doughnuts, all kinds except for custard. I haven't had one in about 53 weeks (40 or so pounds ago). I miss doughnuts Crying

daamom

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 1:08 pm
tovasmom wrote:
OMG, I used to love doughnuts, all kinds except for custard. I haven't had one in about 53 weeks (40 or so pounds ago). I miss doughnuts Crying

wow, pretty impressive...

sky

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 1:12 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
I never tried caramel. I never even heard of caramel doughnuts.

Check it out chanuka time at a kosher bakery. They only come out then. They are fantastic if done right. Otherwise they are just too sweet.

cl

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 7:01 pm
well its all ur fault, after reading this post yesterday I got all excited about donuts, so when I passed by Grodzinski's today I HAD to buy jam (jelly) donuts. I cut it in half n shared it with DH, so didnt feel too guilty:)

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 7:53 pm
I love when a good donut (tire) is inflated and ready just when you need it. It can suck the life out of you when the air is out of it, just when you need it most!

shoy18

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 5:27 pm
jemappelle wrote:
assumed boston cream = custard ....I love custard, but dont really like the donut part!

cream and custard, are NOT the same. cream is had the consistancy of creamy icing, custard is more like pudding and isnt as sweet
I love love custard donuts with chocolate glaze

Aidelmom

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 2:22 am
custard donuts with chocolate icin the kind that sticks to the wax paper. I remember when it came in a rectangle for .69 cents in ungars Wink ahghg nostalgia

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 13 2009, 12:49 pm
one of each please Wink

Isramom8

Post Sun, Dec 13 2009, 1:11 pm
Caramel (had a bite tonight - after a whole meal with latkes and spinich onion shells and cheese puffs and a jelly donut). But the absolute best is a chocolate pudding donut - which is not the same as a chocolate cream-filled donut.

Glazed vanilla, or even chocolate, isn't bad.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus