Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Making a maternity dress

Tovah

Post Wed, Dec 01 2004, 10:47 pm
I know this is like Chani's question, but I want to make a dress I have a few weddings and want s/t classic for shabbos/friends weddings. where can I get a pattern thats not nerdy. I already went to walmart and found n/t.
or maybe u know of a dress maker thats really good in montreal?

zuncompany

Post Wed, Dec 01 2004, 11:58 pm
I had a dress made for our friends wedding and I was 8 and half months. I got a vouge dress done. I went to a fabric store and looked through all their books.

Only problem was when the dress was made I was huge. Well something happened the weekend before the wedding cause it was huge on me when the wedding came. AHHH!

Sara

Tefila

Post Thu, Dec 02 2004, 1:41 pm
Zun, yep we women cannot prediict sizing from one week to the next when preg.
Why don't you buy a elegant suit you can even shop online and there are 'gorgeaus' suits in all sizes! Maybe get a big size instead of maternity and have arms or whatever taken in.

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Dec 02 2004, 11:49 pm
Or, depending on your budget & size, a maternity skirt + gakets of different sizes in case of fluctuations?

I bought a very nice strait skirt & jaket w/ strings in the back to adjust the 'room' for the baby in Mimi Maternity

It's the holiday season now, so you should be able to find nice stuff

ggood luck

you can alos search for pattersn on line

Tovah

Post Fri, Dec 03 2004, 8:48 am
the problem is that I'm very small and that usually doesn't work from my last experience I can't buy a size bigger b/c it's big everywhere and small at my stomach. but maybe I should check online thanks.

zuncompany

Post Fri, Dec 03 2004, 12:26 pm
if you go to google and good maternity gown patterns I bet you would find something. Or even vogue (Sp?) maternity patterns. You can buy them than either online or at a fabric store (walmart also has some). They are pretty cheap. I was lucky and got a sale on the fabric. Over all it cost me $125 to make my dress. I went shopping online, at every maternity shop. I found nothing that cheap!

Sara

Tovah

Post Mon, Dec 06 2004, 9:44 pm
thats a good idea, all let u know how it works

imanut

Post Tue, Dec 07 2004, 11:38 am
my brother got married when I was in my 9th month. we sewed a dress, but it had to be taken in several times in the stomach b/c we way overestimated how big I would be. the dress came out nice b"h, but it was a big bother. next time I would try harder to buy or borrow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics