Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Regreting your vote?

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 6:49 am
did you ever vote for someone in a national election, only to really regret it after they came into office? if so, who was it, and why did you regret your vote?

avigailmiriam

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 6:54 am
Seraph wrote:
did you ever vote for someone in a national election, only to really regret it after they came into office? if so, who was it, and why did you regret your vote?

Local elections, yes. National ones, no.

MrsMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 6:56 am
I regret voting for Bush.

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 7:49 am
MrsMom wrote:
Why? (Thats part 2 of the question.)

avigailmiriam

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 7:50 am
MrsMom wrote:

Which time?

hadasa

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 7:46 pm
To be honest, I've never voted anywhere, but I think in Israel many people regretted voting for Bibi, and many, many more regret voting for Sharon.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 7:48 pm
not usually. especially in national elections, where my state often doesn't have the same opinions that I do. my state senator & congressman are no brainers, they've been in office since I was little & won't be losing their spot anytime soon.

bashinda

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 9:29 pm
It's difficult. I regret voting for Bush for his second term because he didn't accomplish anything. I regret voting for Clinton because of the Oslo occords although perhaps on remembrance that might have been his first time when I was too young to vote.

I can't remember any real local elections that I've regreted. While I was in California I probably voted for medical marijuana but I don't think I regret that.

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 1:31 am
I regretted voting for bush the 2nd time around(I voted for him his 1st term also)

happyone

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 6:57 am
I was sure this was another Evelyn vs. hospice regret.

grin

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 6:57 am
happyone wrote:
I was sure this was another Evelyn vs. hospice regret.
LOL
(Actually, I thought this was about the municipal elections today.)

brooklyn

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 9:01 am
bashinda wrote:
It's difficult. I regret voting for Bush for his second term because he didn't accomplish anything.

FIRST TERM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
THE WAR AGAINST TERRORISM

In 2001, with less than a month's notice, American and British forces in Afghanistan joined with local anti-Taliban troops in an assault on the al Qaeda network and the Taliban regime that gave it safe harbor in Afghanistan.
Passage of the USA Patriot Act met one of the president's goals. This law brought down the artificial wall separating law enforcement and intelligence officers and allowed them to talk to each other as they work to prevent future attacks.
In 2002, President Bush proposed and Congress approved a single, unified Department of Homeland Security to improve protection against today's threats and be flexible enough to help meet the unknown threats of the future. By unifying over 22 agencies and offices, the president has improved the government's ability to guard U.S. borders and infrastructure and patrol the skies.
In 2003, coalition forces acted with skill and bravery to liberate the Iraqi people and remove a grave and gathering danger to America and the world.
The murderous regimes of Saddam Hussein and the Taliban are history and more than 50 million people have been liberated.

JOBS AND THE U.S. ECONOMY

Between 2000 and 2003, productivity grew at the fastest three-year rate in more than 50 years.
In September 2003, the U.S. Department of Commerce reported the lowest unemployment rate (5.4%) since October 2001.
The president's tax relief allowed families to keep more of what they earn by cutting tax rates across the board.
During Bush's presidency the New York Stock Exchange traded for a record 61 consecutive trading sessions at above 11,000.

HELPING THE NEEDY

In 2003, President Bush announced the Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, a five-year, $15-billion initiative to turn the tide in combating the global HIV/AIDS pandemic. Just one month after Congress appropriated funds for the president's plan, $350 million was awarded to service providers for critical prevention efforts and to bring life-saving treatment to suffering people in some of the hardest-hit countries in Africa and the Caribbean.

EDUCATION REFORM

President Bush submitted his framework for education reform, No Child Left Behind (NCLB), three days after taking office and secured overwhelming bipartisan support less than a year later. NCLB represents the most significant overhaul of U.S. education policy since 1965, when the Elementary and Secondary Education Act was passed.

MAKING HEALTH CARE MORE ACCESSIBLE

In December 2003, President Bush signed legislation that makes Health Savings Accounts available to millions of Americans. Health Savings Accounts offer flexible, affordable insurance options for small businesses and individuals.
This legislation also will make prescription drug coverage available to 40 million senior citizens and people with disabilities through the Medicare healthcare system.

PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT

President Bush has committed America to meeting the challenge of long-term global climate change by reducing the ratio of greenhouse gas emissions to economic output, or greenhouse gas intensity, by 18 percent by 2012 compared to 2002.
In December 2003, President Bush signed legislation implementing key provisions of his Healthy Forests Initiative. The President's initiative is helping restore the health and vitality of forests and rangelands, and helping reduce the threat of catastrophic wildfires.

bashinda

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 9:48 am
I said I regretted voting him in for his second term, but thanks Brooklyn

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 9:51 am
my parents regretted voting for bushand clinton for second terms.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics