Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
How to make a trifle

ganizzy

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 8:22 pm
I once had a trifle that was basically choc. cake then cherry filling then whipped topping (I think)

does anyone know this or have a SIMPLE easy trifle recipe. im having a fruit platter on the side so I dont need to have fruit in the trifle.

thank you, im having a program tom and theres plenty other things to do as well

Marion

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 11:06 pm
Trifle is exactly what you described; layers of cake, fruit or filling or jello, and whipped topping and/or pudding.

I usually only do trifle during strawberry season, and then it's almost like strawberry shortcake, but I found a good source for frozen berries...

meirav

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 12:07 am
Cut cake into cubes, put whipped topping on top, sprinkle with fruit and drizzle with fruit jelly, and repeat until you fill up the bowl.

Mrs.K

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 12:30 am
My sister in law always makes a trifle using a super easy cake mix, such as Dunkin Heinz (or however you spell it) for the cake layer. Will make things much easier for you if your in a rush....

bubby

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 5:26 am
Buy a sponge cake. douse it with liqueur/cherry brandy & open a couple of cans of mixed fruit & dump on top. Make jello according to directions (I usually use 2 packets) & let cool for 5 mins. Pour over fruit & cake. Watch it dribble down, it's cool embarrassed

Leave in the fridge. Make a custard (if you can get Bird's custard from UK it's the best) & use whole milk. Leave to cool 2 mins, pour on top of jello, back in fridge. Then finish with whipped cream & cherries/sprinkles/whatever.

If you want it pareve, use a vanilla pudding for the custard.

BTW, I don't drink AT ALL, so when I pour in the booze I just pour. It's very strong...one friend literally got drunk from it. Rolling Laughter

YUM!!

sunshine!

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 5:51 am
I make an easy trifle. I make one batter of chocolate cake and divide between 3 9" round pans. When baked, I put one on the bottom of a trifle bowl. Then I pour a Rich's whip and an instant chocolate pudding in my machine, beat it until it is "puddingy" and pour half over the cake in bowl. I whip a topping (sometimes put 1/2 pkg instant vanilla pudding) and cover the chocolate layer with that. I sometimes crush some viennese crunch and put it on top of topping layer. Then I repeat the whole thing again.

Mrs.K

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 6:08 am
Can also add a layer of chocolate chips or crunched up cookies. yum!

shopaholic

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 8:53 am
Trifle - yum! I like Bubby's plus I make the cookies & cream one from KBD - chocolate cake, chocolate cream (choc pudding + milk/non dairy creamer + a whipped rich's whip), rich's whip whipped. Do each layer twice. Then put chopped peanut chews on top.

shayna82

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 9:03 am
I make two round chocolate cakes, layer cake, pudding mixes (lemon, chocolate, or vanilla) chopped up nutty chews, chopped up sandwhich cookies, blueberries, strawberies. with trifle, anything goes.

goodheart

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 9:15 am
I make a very easy browni recipe if u want it let me know?
choc mouse is
2 10oz topping
1 16oz coffee whitner
2instant choc.pudding
beat topping till stiff(aproximatly about 8min)set asside
by hand mix coffee whitner and pudding and fold in to topping
white cream
2 10 oz topping
8 tbls confection sugar
mix that start layering the cake bottem then the brown cream white cream vienesse crunch
the top later should be white cream
and shredd some choc. on top to decorate

bubby

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 9:51 am
Chopping those peanut chews is a killer. I'm afraid to use my processor, I think they'd break the blade!

goodheart

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 9:54 am
bubby wrote:
Chopping those peanut chews is a killer. I'm afraid to use my processor, I think they'd break the blade!

btw I have a recipe for ice cream that call for penut chews I use my food processor all the time
b'h it didn't break my blade.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 10:02 am
sunshine! wrote:
I make an easy trifle. I make one batter of chocolate cake and divide between 3 9" round pans. When baked, I put one on the bottom of a trifle bowl. Then I pour a Rich's whip and an instant chocolate pudding in my machine, beat it until it is "puddingy" and pour half over the cake in bowl. I whip a topping (sometimes put 1/2 pkg instant vanilla pudding) and cover the chocolate layer with that. I sometimes crush some viennese crunch and put it on top of topping layer. Then I repeat the whole thing again.

That's what I do also:
chocolate cake mix
2 container Rich's whip
1 package chocolate pudding
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics